• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Protection cover for Amazon Kindle

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
I want to buy an Amazon Kindle. I have already decided on the Kindle 4 model, but now I am looking for a protection cover so that it doesn't get all scratched up during transports (especially the display).

However the search is more difficult than I would have thought. The reason is that I am apparently cheap because I am not willing to pay 35 Euro for the official Amazon leather cover when the Reader costs only 99 Euro itself and a lot of people apparently are not even happy with this cover.

Since it seems difficult to find some good informations on the internet for decent priced covers, I thought I just give it a try and ask here if someone has a good tip for me.

I would ideally want to have such a "book-shape" case rather than a bag so that I can keep the Kindle in and don't have to pull it out when I want to read (because god knows where I will put the bag again when I pull out my Kindle when I am reading for example in a bus :angry:). And that for a cost of around 20 or max 25 Euro. If it is not possible to find a decent one in that price area then I will have to rethink about getting a small protection bag instead where you have to pull it out first.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I got a case, stylus and protective covers for my Kindle via eBay (mailed from China) for $14 and free shipping. I read that the protective covers really are not that necessary because the Kindle Fire's glass is really hard/resilient stuff (seems true so I just don't use them)

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
I thought from my experiences with my Ipod Touch that a protection case might be better, because that one is quite scratched (luckily no scratches on the actual display area of the glass yet).

I don't know a lot about the Kindle Fire because it is not even available in Europe yet, but I think it is quite different to the basic Kindle without Touchscreen or Keyboard:

http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Wi-Fi-...VESA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329672891&sr=8-1

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
The army is pretty rough on my kindle so I did have to buy a case, I had to get one from best buy last minute for like $40 and I was upset to pay that much, but if you're rough on electronics its worth a case for sure. Almost any of them will do the job though--mine is plain too with no bells or whistles, it just closes and props up the kindle on a table.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I thought from my experiences with my Ipod Touch that a protection case might be better, because that one is quite scratched (luckily no scratches on the actual display area of the glass yet).

I don't know a lot about the Kindle Fire because it is not even available in Europe yet, but I think it is quite different to the basic Kindle without Touchscreen or Keyboard:

http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Wi-Fi-...VESA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329672891&sr=8-1

There is a Kindle app for the Ipad. So, you don't need to buy a kindle at all if you have one of those. (I realize you said Ipod)

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
Yeah, sadly don't have an Ipad :)

Ok, I folded now and bought the 25 Euro cover which I linked above. I looked nearly the whole day for alternatives, but the cheaper ones are either not what I want or the ratings by the customers were holding me off, and it didn't seem efficient to waste more hours just to save maybe 5 Euro more in the end. Even though I still find that there should be cheaper covers, but what can I do.