• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Anyone use Twitter?

Ender

Large Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w%
Never heard of it... After looking into it.. I wouldn't use it.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Twitter I consider to be a inferior form of a time waster...

Plus my list will look absolutely boring since I do pretty much the same things every day. :doh:

file cabinet

Yes... so after using it for a couple weeks here is what I think of it.
In some ways it's like a new way to capture thoughts or ideas that would have previously required a small notepad

Two unexpected uses for it:
- couldn't find my phone so I posted a tweet via my laptop. a few mins later my friend called it and I found my phone.
- yesterday I was at a conference and in the afternoon they posted announcements to Twitter which included mentions of a location change and cancelled sessions

Although I don't have a large number of friends using Twitter (as a result of me starting to use it I was able to get 2 of my friends to use it), if we were all using it and getting texts, it helps people get in the loop by having what amounts to a text messaging conference / social broadcasting. for now I'm going to continue to use it.. I think I'd prefer using it as a more unique medium to communicate with friends / social things rather then monitoring tweets from people I don't know or care about.

file cabinet

so..anyone now using twitter? part of the reason I use it more now is because so many of co-workers/managers/etc use it, and I prefer it over email for the small stuff.

JRT

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
I use twitter...I update from my blackberry. One of my co-workers got me onto it aswell.
you can follow me if you want...hope I can be of some entertainment!

Twitter / jrt2285

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Trying it out... my posting isn't all that consistent... I'm still not sure what it's for.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I started using it, but not for anything serious. I don't entirely get the point. I update it about as often as I update my facebook status.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, I use it to update my facebook status with my cell phone.

That was fun in the delivery room!

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I'm on there, but I don't use it much. I think I may not have fully explored it because it seemed like Facebook with only the status updates.

I also don't have a big pool of people in my everyday life who are on Twitter. I can see how it could be useful in that way.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If it's a newfangled way to keep in touch, I'm definitely out.

I wait until the outside pressure is overwhelming before I leap onto these social networking bandwagons. Even then, I don't end up utilizing them nearly enough to please friends and family.

:run:Personal accessibility FTL!

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
fc i'm following you now on twitter but have no fucking clue what to do. so far it doesn't seem user friendly.

as far as it being a waste of time? well most of the internet sucks time away so why not one more thing? ;P

ps- oh yeah i'm trying to stalk ivy on twitter but so far no luck. :sadbanana:

r.a

meat popsicle
MBTI Type
STFU
my band has a twitter but neither of us checks it because twitter is fucking retarded

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I like twitter because it's a way to stay updated with a few friends who had become too much to handle on IM. I also follow a few comedians. I like the format--I'm not about to sit down and write a blog entry every day, but I can come up with a pithy statement.

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
No, I don't like the idea of people knowing exactly what I'm doing every day of my life.

And I don't really have anybody to share that with, anyway.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
I follow accounts that are relevant to my interests. like newsfeeds. insider news like when a sack of rice in tibet is falling over. link sharing....

it's often tiresome to go through the list, but occasionally i find something that enriches my worldview and I would never search for something that I don't know exists. so its like a more intelligent "stumbleupon!".

dont know why private people keep posting about their current digestion