• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Anyone use Twitter?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I've used it for RPs. It's nice because it has a speed in between a forum and instant messaging. It's nice because responses are relatively immediate but people don't freak out if you're gone for ten minutes.

Otherwise, I can't really think of a use for it.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

MBTI Type
INxJ
I used it for communicating with a game creator/developer. He asked questions about demographics, and which consoles most people own. I couldn't answer on his blog, so I gave in and made one.

I haven't used it since.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I used it for communicating with a game creator/developer. He asked questions about demographics, and which consoles most people own. I couldn't answer on his blog, so I gave in and made one.

I haven't used it since.

You got a twitter acount ? I am disappoint !

Silly_Siren

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Twitter is a pared-down Facebook and even more narcissistic and mundane. However they have celebrity accounts so I am so there!

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm using it... sort of. I've got the account, but I don't really know what to do with it.

I'm the sort of person makes it, plays with it a little, and then just forgets about it until someone asks me if I have it.

It's nice because responses are relatively immediate but people don't freak out if you're gone for ten minutes.

That's one of the reasons I stopped using IM. I've found that it makes me WAY too needy and addicted to individual people, and vice-versa... they get addicted to me. If I get into a routine that involves talking to someone over IM, I can end up being devastated when they don't show up or don't talk enough.

It happened to me the three times I used IM heavily, and I never want to put myself through that again. That last time was the nail in the coffin. IMing is just too emotionally intense and personal a medium for me. *shudder*

Forums are better, because it's more diluted between several people and less dependent on real time. Allows me to remain more detached and amused. I mean, an individual person could disappear, I wouldn't even notice because I was focusing on topics other people were creating.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Unless you're stalking some girl you like online it's completely useless.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
I don't get it. What good does it do? :huh: I didn't even know what it was until a month ago. :sadbanana:

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I use it to update facebook.

Most notably from the delivery room via my cell phone.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would never dream of getting a Twitter page, much less of actually using one. It would be illegal according to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

gromit

likes this
My boss just came by and asked if anyone knew about using Twitter. I guess we're going to have to start using it for one of our jobs (community involvement side of things). Funny, huh?

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You are an OB doctor? Or... a new parent?

Neither, I like to steal scrubs and pretend to be a medical technician.

Only killed one person so far! Since then I no longer operate anesthesia machines.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I like it as a news feed, keeping in touch with friends who don't use facebook, and to be there when Diora Baird posts cleavage pics.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I decided to try it, because one close friend is on (while more friends and family were on Facebook, so I joined that earlier). All I end up doing is posting the same interest links that I do on Facebook. —when I get a chance.