User Tag List

Permabanned
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Default Feasible robotic arm

I am looking for a robotic arm to study it and to help me with my work. I am working a lot on electronic boards and having an arm holding the boards in midair so I can solder them would be a great help. Plus I could need it for hand milling and graving small parts.

I know a bit about the mathematical principle of forward and backward transformation and could almost build an robotic arm with servos and an AVR myself. A dream would be to build two arms as an extension to the own body but I think I'll be too afraid to put a thing like that on, if it goes highwire I dont want to turn into Doc Oc from spiderman .

I've found that one, does someone by chance have experience with it:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/rc/b696/

It says the thing lifts up to 100g. If thats g for Grams, it would have a bit to less power. if thats g for earth acceleration it would be ok, but I dont believe the latter one.

So if someone has experience or knows of a good project, please lemme know. Thx.

Permabanned

Why stop at 2?

MBTI
    INFJ

Why not 8? Octoman?

There was an evil guy in some Indiana Jones novels who had a robotic arm, I think he may have been a nazi archeologist too.
    All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind.
    Chapter IV, p. 448. - Adam Smith, Book 3, The Wealth of Nations

whether or not you credit psychoanalysis itself, the fact remains that we all must, to the greatest extent possible, understand one another's minds as our own; the very survival of humanity has always depended on it. - Open Culture

Permabanned
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Uh, back in the days I'ld prolly have been a nazi archealogist too. That or rocket science.

Well you start with 2 arms, then go to 3, then 4, then 5, etc.. That makes the development easier, cause when you start with 8, it may suffer from problems that relate to 2 and you wouldnt know that since you started with 8