• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Feasible robotic arm

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I am looking for a robotic arm to study it and to help me with my work. I am working a lot on electronic boards and having an arm holding the boards in midair so I can solder them would be a great help. Plus I could need it for hand milling and graving small parts.

I know a bit about the mathematical principle of forward and backward transformation and could almost build an robotic arm with servos and an AVR myself. A dream would be to build two arms as an extension to the own body but I think I'll be too afraid to put a thing like that on, if it goes highwire I dont want to turn into Doc Oc from spiderman :D.

I've found that one, does someone by chance have experience with it:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/rc/b696/

It says the thing lifts up to 100g. If thats g for Grams, it would have a bit to less power. if thats g for earth acceleration it would be ok, but I dont believe the latter one.

So if someone has experience or knows of a good project, please lemme know. Thx.

Lark

There was an evil guy in some Indiana Jones novels who had a robotic arm, I think he may have been a nazi archeologist too.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Uh, back in the days I'ld prolly have been a nazi archealogist too. That or rocket science.

Well you start with 2 arms, then go to 3, then 4, then 5, etc.. That makes the development easier, cause when you start with 8, it may suffer from problems that relate to 2 and you wouldnt know that since you started with 8 :D