• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Scientists can construct images from your brain.

Noon

The other YT vid:

Whee.

However, researchers point out that the technology is decades from allowing users to read others’ thoughts and intentions, as portrayed in such sci-fi classics as “Brainstorm,” in which scientists recorded a person’s sensations so that others could experience them.

I wonder if I'll even be alive when this happens.

T

ThatGirl

Holy shit that is crazy to think about. And was it just me, or were there words in the brain video at the time of the elephants and beyond?

I could actually produce art, and communicate so much more effectively.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Holy shit that is crazy to think about. And was it just me, or were there words in the brain video at the time of the elephants and beyond?

I could actually produce art, and communicate so much more effectively.

The words look like a reflection on the screen being videotaped. Some of them are in French.

In the upper left hand of the video it looks like the Fox news logo. Could this be a subliminal advertising gimmick?

Pinker85

I think it'd be funny to hook my brain up to one of these machines. I can imagine the researchers nudging each other asking "hey is she dead because we've been stuck on that penis picture for the last hour?" hahaha

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm curious how this actually works. If it's just stuff reconstructed from the area of the brain that processes visual input, it has a lot less implications than something that could somehow reconstruct what you're mentally picturing. Which is something that I doubt is possible to any but a very crude degree, especially since when I think I don't 'picture' anything most of the time.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm curious how this actually works. If it's just stuff reconstructed from the area of the brain that processes visual input, it has a lot less implications than something that could somehow reconstruct what you're mentally picturing. Which is something that I doubt is possible to any but a very crude degree, especially since when I think I don't 'picture' anything most of the time.

A device in the brain measures neural blood flow. That's all the info they will let me divulge.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think it'd be funny to hook my brain up to one of these machines. I can imagine the researchers nudging each other asking "hey is she dead because we've been stuck on that penis picture for the last hour?" hahaha

(Where's that damn like button? Oh yes, we don't have one here.)

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Heard a blurb about this on NPR the other day. Cool stuff.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Great. Now watch the government/legal system use this in lieu of or in addition to lie detectors in order to know what citizens are thinking. One step for mankind, one step for Big Brother.

Jack427

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And I called those guys with tinfoil hats crazy.

Lark

If science is so big then where is my millenium falcon? Where? See, thought so.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If science is so big then where is my millenium falcon? Where? See, thought so.

I don't know, but science provided a computer for you to type that into.