• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mac vs PC

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm sure there are other threads like this, but I didn't have time this morning to hunt them up.

Anyway, my desktop is about 7 years old now and is making strange clinkey/clicky noises when it restarts. I'm not too worried yet, as I have a car to buy this year and I hate being in debt, but am gathering information for when I do end up buying a new computer.

I think that Macs are overpriced and I am much more familiar with PCs. On the other hand, it is nice with Macs to not worry about viruses. Last I knew Macs were also the best as far as running programs for photo/video editing (which I am beginning to get into) and for music (which I am very involved in and will be writing parts out etc frequently).

Is there still a big divide between Macs and PCs in this respect, or have things changed over the last few years?

Any advice?