• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

coffee maker won''t turn on

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
It's getting power because the clock's coming on but it won't brew anyone know any quick fixes. I've tried different outlets and reseting the outlets nothing and I need my coffeeeeeeee

F

figsfiggyfigs

Take a pic, and post it on here, maybe someone has the same coffee maker, and knows how to fix it.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
it's in memphis i'm in berkeley and it's my sister in laws coffee maker.
coffeemaker.jpg

and no the clock doesn't have to be set it's never been set and has always worked until yesterday

jimrckhnd

MBTI Type
INTP
For the love of all that's holy - is there no instant in the house? Is there no coffee shop close by? Run, do not walk, and get your morning fix.

I just went into withdrawls THINKING about this. :D

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Its funny, the little gauge makes it look like it needs fueling.

but seriously, I don't know. Its a Cuisinart and I do know sometimes they refuse to work if any piece is absent, as a precaution. But if you have everything set to go as you should and all the controls on the right settings its inexplicable.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For the love of all that's holy - is there no instant in the house? Is there no coffee shop close by? Run, do not walk, and get your morning fix.

This plus, you're posting here? My house would be in a state of emergency- I'd be hopping in the car and driving off in my pjamas, on a search for coffee, hoping I don't crash without it- OR, I'd be laying in bed having an absolute melt down!

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Okay first of all, do not panic and remain calm.

I SAID EVERYONE F*$&ING REMAIN CALM!!1!?1

/WITHDRAWAL

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp

i'm drinking an energy drink for my fix. i went to peet's yesterday and got an iced vanilla latte with an extra shot plus a chocolate crossaint

jimrckhnd

MBTI Type
INTP
Energy drink? For me that would be like giving a valium to a herion addict. :blush:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
energy drinks are stronger than coffee i'd have to buy 3 coffees for the same amount of energy as one energy drink

caffeine.jpg

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I think it's the on/off switch because everything else seems fine. unfortunately it's not my coffee maker to replace and the person's it is is out of town til monday

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
If you lived here you could just walk a block in any direction and hit a Starbucks in emergencies such as this.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
energy drinks are stronger than coffee i'd have to buy 3 coffees for the same amount of energy as one energy drink

caffeine.jpg

so starbucks coffee has more caffeine than normal hmmmm interesting. why don't they make caffeinated sprite? they make decaffeinated coke.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
if its a normal coffee maker without a water pump and such where you only need a filter and coffee powder, the heating element is broken. it is a platin coil that does overheat the water which then as steam comes up to the top of the machine, where it is cooled down again and reduced to hot water entering the filter.

The heating element is the one thing to always break, it starts by not working properly anymore and then sometimes after multiple attempts to switch it on and off it comes back again or it doesnt. its a part that naturally breaks over time cause it has to withstand a huge amount of heat and stress during its time of life