• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why petting may be good...

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
LOL

(I will admit, I went there, too)

That smiley is adorable. I just want to pet it and make it feel better!

Unfortunately, I seem to have a neurotic cat who is only just barely tolerant of petting and NOT AT ALL tolerant of being picked up. I need to trade her in. (Just kidding, Sylvia! Sort of.)

sdalek

MBTI Type
ISFJ
(Gutter)_________
sadangel.gif
(I sure hope Mike Rowe is waiting there for me *sniffles*)

:sorry:

:hug:

riel

MBTI Type
ISFP
The researchers observed that the cows stretched out their necks and let their ears fall — signs of deep relaxation — when stroked in parts of the upper back and the neck areas that cows often reach when they lick each other.

This happens when I stroke the underside of my cat's neck. Does that mean my cats lick each other's underside part of the neck? :huh:

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
My dog likes to stretch out and sprawl on the floor when I massage her back like that article described. I always figured she'd like that because I like it when someone massages the muscles along my spine and neck. Our backs are constructed in a similar manner, so what relieves stress for me will probably relieve stress for her as long as I'm gentle about it. I'm the only one in my family to gives her massages, so when I'm away, it must suck for her to be deprived of them. :D

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
My cat is called Rapey so she definitely gets her requisite amount of petting (she attacks otherwise). My dog just likes to follow me around the house and sit at my feet while I do things. He always positions himself perfectly in reach of my hands so I have easy ear scratching access.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
The title made me chuckle internally, but the content was decent.