• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

chromebook

Fluxkom

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
they look rather small with 13"

*scnr*

We'll see how they get accepted.
I can see me getting one those at least, depending on the pricing model. The monthly fee sounds awesome.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Google still hasn't proven to me that Chrome OS is appreciably different from just throwing linux on a cheap HP netbook and running Chrome in fullscreen.

I'm interested though. I've got an old Dell running Hexxeh's Chromium OS and it's definitely fun to play around with.

knight

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVqe8ieqz10"]chromebook[/YOUTUBE]

pretty, and I think internet is gonna be as low as 20 dollers. the cost for the chrome is gonna be 400-500$ maybe less(correct me if im wrong)

if you decide to save anything, it will saved online rather then on the chromebook, so if anything happens to the chromebook itself you still have access to your pictures and other crap you have saved. im not sure if you have to pay for storage space for the crap you save online...I wonder what happens if you miss a payment? you think your personal pics and other things you saved get deleted? (hmm to have access to my personal files, I would have to pay a fee?)

does this mean no more personal computers? wonder what will happen to microsoft?

enough of this tangent, again I ask...

Do you think this product might be big?