• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Aliens UFO's and area 51

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I've done a bit of researching on alien life and UFO's recently and there is an overwhelming amount of evidence solely on youtube about UFO's and aliens, particularly underground research facilities like area 51. What is your view on extra terrestrials and the U.S government conspiracy?

Thisica

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
5w4
The most important thing that we need to remember regarding such things is that the "U" in "UFO" means unidentified. Anyone who equates UFO with something else whcih is apparently known [like aliens] is just contradicting the meaning of the term 'UFO'.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
The most important thing that we need to remember regarding such things is that the "U" in "UFO" means unidentified. Anyone who equates UFO with something else whcih is apparently known [like aliens] is just contradicting the meaning of the term 'UFO'.

yep.

S

Sniffles

Area 51 is largely a base where the military experiments on developing weapons systems. I sincerely doubt there's anything to do with extraterrestrials. Ironically the military promoted the concept of alien UFOs as a means of covering up these programs.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Thisca has a good point. Unidentified does not equate extraterrestrial.

However I am certain that if the Governments did have such extraterrestrial or domestic technology, they would not be sharing it with you and me.
It's a control "issue" they tend to have.

S

Sniffles

Yeah but the problem is that the government can only keep things secret for so long before word begins to leak out. We've seen this with other military projects for example.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Area 51 is largely a base where the military experiments on developing weapons systems. I sincerely doubt there's anything to do with extraterrestrials. Ironically the military promoted the concept of alien UFOs as a means of covering up these programs.

Possibly although there have been stories of scientists such as bob lazar who claim to have worked at S4(sector 4) near area 51 on flying alien disks. His story seems too compelling.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZKjdYLDAec
There is also evidence for the Canadian minister of defense claiming the united states has worked on alien technology.

Thisica

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
5w4
Yeah but the problem is that the government can only keep things secret for so long before word begins to leak out. We've seen this with other military projects for example.

These projects are pretty hard to disguise, since there are a lot of people involved in them. Conspiracy-makers often forget this simple fact.

Thisica

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
5w4
Possibly although there have been stories of scientists such as bob lazar who claim to have worked at S4(sector 4) near area 51 on flying alien disks. His story seems too compelling.
There is also evidence for the Canadian minister of defense claiming the united states has worked on alien technology.

A story is just a story. We would need independently-verifiable evidence before we can say, with some probability, that aliens have been on Earth.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Thisca has a good point. Unidentified does not equate extraterrestrial.

However I am certain that if the Governments did have such extraterrestrial or domestic technology, they would not be sharing it with you and me.
It's a control "issue" they tend to have.

I never claimed UFO equated to extraterrestrial, yes it is a good point.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
These projects are pretty hard to disguise, since there are a lot of people involved in them. Conspiracy-makers often forget this simple fact.

There is good evidence such as element 115 which bob retrieved while working at s4. It's suppose to contain heavy amount of atomic properties which he claimed to be the fuel source for the flying disks.

S

Sniffles

Except there seems to be considerable debate over how valid Bob Lazar's claims are.

S

Sniffles

Now the U.S. military did experiment with what was called the Avrocar, which was a flying disc, back in the 1950s and and 1960s. This could've contributed to the whole flying saucer image.
Army_Avrocars_02.jpg

Thisica

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
5w4
There is good evidence such as element 115 which bob retrieved while working at s4. It's suppose to contain heavy amount of atomic properties which he claimed to be the fuel source for the flying disks.

Just to let you know...element 115 has a very short half-life, of less than a second. That sample would have disappeared very quickly, unless some exotic physics is involved...which, in that case, physicists would have loved to win a Nobel Prize for working out how this element can last more than a second.

Last edited:

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Awww, that kinda takes the fun out of things:sadbanana:

InvisibleJim

Permabanned

Someone was playing XCom :)

047.png

If you really want to have nightmares, listen to this:

ScorpioINTP

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6-5
There are too many credible sightings throughout history to simply dismiss the possibility, but hard proof is not out there in the open. This is one of those polarized debates though. You can't change peoples minds. Interesting topic definitely. There USO cases too (unidentified submerged objects) in oceans around the world. If you like this stuff, check out Ancient Aliens on history channel.

O

Oberon

I'm agnostic on the matter of space aliens. Never seen one, never seen a UFO of any sort either. But if there's life on this planet, I see no reason why there shouldn't also be life on other planets with similar conditions. So there you have it... can't confirm or deny. I'm not a believer, but I'm not a disbeliever either.

pmj85

This article may interest some of you:

http://www.cracked.com/article_18690_5-ufo-sightings-that-even-non-crazy-people-find-creepy.html

Owing to the fact that I saw one myself as a kid, I do believe in UFOs. I find it incredibly hard to believe that they're being piloted by extraterrestrials, though. There has to be life out there (the Universe is far too vast for it to be otherwise) but do I believe that alien life has been to Earth before?

Maybe. I'd say "Unlikely, but not impossible".

I found the Ancient Aliens series quite interesting, though they're very good at presenting what is essentially hot air as fact (or at least a solid theory). I often think it's criminal how little credit we give to our ancestors. That said, I did go in to the show thinking "This is hilarious" and come out thinking "Well, shit - maybe there is something to it".

Oh, fun fact - the original triangular stealth bomber (the model eludes me... as do many details, probably due to my type :newwink:) was in service almost 20 years before anybody knew what it was. That's why there are so many recorded sightings of 'triangular shaped craft with red lights' throughout the (iirc) late 70s - early 90s.

It's all fascinating stuff, though I've yet to meet a little green dude who wants to abduct me and violate me in terrible, terrible ways :cry:

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Just to let you know...element 115 has a very short half-life, of less than a second. That sample would have disappeared very quickly, unless some exotic physics is involved...which, in that case, physicists would have loved to win a Nobel Prize for working out how this element can last more than a second.

I've never heard of it lasting half a second, how can it then be retrieved if it lasted half a second.