• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Looking for a Facebook application developer

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Blackwater and I are admins of the site CelebrityTypes.com and we're looking for someone to develop a Facebook application for the site. We're able to pay a little bit for your trouble, but we're hoping to find someone who will also think of it as a labor of love in service of the typology cause. Based on the traffic to our site (as of this writing we've had 175,000 visits from Stumbleupon.com alone, most of them in 2011), we expect tens of thousands of people to enjoy the Facebook application. We have a clear idea of the application we want (it's fairly simple (at least so we think)), but your tweaking input would of course be welcome.

Have I managed to pique anyone's interest? :)

(PM me your email address for an outline of the application we have in mind.)

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Well, I don't know if I could do that, but I think it's a relatively easy job for anyone with a little bit of programming skill. I bet that ygolo or nightning could do this.

Still, a Facebook application sounds like a really good way to get your site off the ground. People could be reminded of it every time they look at Facebook. I think it's a very clever idea, and someone needs to help you program it.

If you get absolutely no other help, I imagine that I could TRY to do it myself (as I have nothing better to do), but it would take me a while to figure it out, and I would rather that someone who was more skilled/experienced at creating things like this helped you out.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Thanks for the of-Fe-r, Athenian, :wink:, but we agree with you that finding someone in the know would be best. :)

No students, say, out there looking to make a little bit of money while geeking something cool? :sadbanana:

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Thanks for the of-Fe-r, Athenian, :wink:, but we agree with you that finding someone in the know would be best. :)

Yeah, I thought you would. :wink:

Tell you what I'll do, though... I'll see if I can contact ygolo or nightning about this. Maybe a few other people as well.

Could you list more specifically what qualifications you'd like them to have? I mean, how much experience, or anything like that? So that I'll know who to ask?

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Oh, no need to contact anyone; I may be an INTJ but I'm not looking to make anyone do this. :wink:

I don't know which competencies are required. I think it's fairly simple for anyone to whom the words 'develop a Facebook application' do not seem totally foreign.

It looks like I may have to post the job on Elance... :sadbanana:

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Oh, no need to contact anyone; I may be an INTJ but I'm not looking to make anyone do this. :wink:

Okay, although it's too bad... they probably just haven't seen this thread.
I don't know which competencies are required. I think it's fairly simple for anyone to whom the words 'develop a Facebook application' do not seem totally foreign.

Probably, if they've developed a similar application before. Although... I suppose it really depends on what you want the application to do. If it's at all complex, you may need certain competencies.
It looks like I may have to post the job on Elance... :sadbanana:

Maybe that's a sign that it's time to get your "Donate" button working so people can send you money? :smile:

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Wait... Our Donate button doesn't work?! :cry: :doh:

It works for me. What problem are you experiencing?

It just sends me to a blank, white webpage when I click on it. If I try refreshing it, it takes me to PayPal's main page.

Wait... which page on the website is the one you're clicking on on?

I was thinking to myself, "I would think that a girl named Economica would be able to figure out the economic importance of setting up a system to allow money to flow in..." :wink:

I thought you were just waiting until you got your site more developed in order to deal with that problem. That's what your admin told me a couple weeks ago when I e-mailed them about it.

But I was concerned that having a non-working Donate button might cause people who want to donate to think it doesn't work, and give up trying even if later you get it working.

Hehe... you're lucky that I'm so bloody persistent, or it might have taken a while to find out. :smile:

Ever since the redesign, it's not even on the main page at all, as far as I can see... I had to go to the one on the "About" page, which doesn't work.

EDIT: Hmm... I just tried clicking on it ten times in a row on Internet Explorer (I usually use Firefox) and now it works. Huh... I don't know why I had such a hard time getting it to work. I wonder if anyone else was/is experiencing issues, or it was just me... :thinking:

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

OMG! Athenian! If a first donation of 50 cents would have caused jumping up and down for joy, imagine the smileys Blackwater and I are sending each other in our emails back and forth since receiving notification of this one! We can't quite believe it. Wow is all I can say! Wow, and thank you thank you thank you! :happy:

Do you realize the fantasies of eventually making a living off the site I'll be having all weekend now? :smile:

Heh, I guess I''ll have to update the text on the about page now. That's a luxury problem I've been looking forward to! :)

And heh again - that was you a few weeks back?! D'you know, I read the email (Blackwater and I get admin |a| celebritytypes.com email forwarded to each of our accounts) and I thought "wow, that is totally an INFJ like Athenian" but it didn't occur to me that it might actually be you. :laugh: Everyone else (ok, ok, the ONE other person :whistling:) from the board has made their Typology Central identity known when communicating with us.

Oh, and this girl named Economica totally would love to have control over the site economics :yes: but Blackwater handles both ads and PayPal because he already has another website and so he already had everything set up. I have no idea what the problem with the donate button ever was. (If anyone else is reading this and wants to check for me whether either of the two buttons here fail for you, I'd be grateful!)

Thanks again so much, Athenian! And oh wow, I just noticed you put the link to our site in your signature - thanks for that too! :nice: :happy:

All this energy, and I haven't even had my morning coffee yet. This is going to be a good day! :smile:

... Thank you! :hug:

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Wait a minute... I know what you did to arrive at that odd donation amount... You picked a nice number in our local currency and then you converted to USD, didn't you? :laugh:

(Or has my Ni been overstimulated? :smile:)

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Wait a minute... I know what you did to arrive at that odd donation amount... You picked a nice number in our local currency and then you converted to USD, didn't you? :laugh:

(Or has my Ni been overstimulated? :smile:)

No, you're correct! That's EXACTLY what I did. I felt that the USD was so devalued that I needed to make up the difference in order to make the right impact.

:)

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
OMG! Athenian! If a first donation of 50 cents would have caused jumping up and down for joy, imagine the smileys Blackwater and I are sending each other in our emails back and forth since receiving notification of this one! We can't quite believe it. Wow is all I can say! Wow, and thank you thank you thank you! :happy:

What can I say? I like seeing INTJs and ENTPs happy. :smile:
Do you realize the fantasies of eventually making a living off the site I'll be having all weekend now? :smile:

Yeah. That's how I would feel, too. N-dominant types tend to have those kind of feelings and dreams, no matter what type they are. :wink:

And heh again - that was you a few weeks back?! D'you know, I read the email (Blackwater and I get admin |a| celebritytypes.com email forwarded to each of our accounts) and I thought "wow, that is totally an INFJ like Athenian" but it didn't occur to me that it might actually be you. :laugh: Everyone else (ok, ok, the ONE other person :whistling:) from the board has made their Typology Central identity known when communicating with us.

I didn't think that was actually you and Blackwater. I thought you had somehow hired another ENTP and INTJ to manage the site for you, and I was thinking "Strange that Economica and Blackwater chose two people of their own type with similar behaviors to run the site for them." And my e-mail address is the same as my username, so I thought that if either of you saw the e-mail, you'd figure it out.

I guess it just didn't occur to me that you might be the admins of your own site. :doh:
Oh, and this girl named Economica totally would love to have control over the site economics :yes: but Blackwater handles both ads and PayPal because he already has another website and so he already had everything set up. I have no idea what the problem with the donate button ever was. (If anyone else is reading this and wants to check for me whether either of the two buttons here fail for you, I'd be grateful!)

Well, just hope that he doesn't decide to keep it all for himself! Hehe. Just kidding, he probably wouldn't do that. :wink:
Thanks again so much, Athenian! And oh wow, I just noticed you put the link to our site in your signature - thanks for that too! :nice: :happy:

Hey, you're welcome. You don't post around here as much as you used to, so I figured my having it in my signature would be more useful than you having it there.
All this energy, and I haven't even had my morning coffee yet. This is going to be a good day! :smile:

... Thank you! :hug:

Thank YOU for creating that site. :smile:

I kind of figured something like this might be your plan, all the way back when you came here and started trying to type all those celebrities seriously. I wondered, "Is she making a compendium of all their types?"

I think you're single-handedly responsible for the creation of the Popular Culture and Type section, and have contributed a lot to the site.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
I knew it! :smile:

I have to get offline, but a quick reply:

I didn't think that was actually you and Blackwater. I thought you had somehow hired another ENTP and INTJ to manage the site for you, and I was thinking "Strange that Economica and Blackwater chose two people of their own type with similar behaviors to run the site for them." And my e-mail address is the same as my username, so I thought that if either of you saw the e-mail, you'd figure it out.

I guess it just didn't occur to me that you might be the admins of your own site. :doh:

... You never fail to crack me up! :laugh:

Well, just hope that he doesn't decide to keep it all for himself! Hehe. Just kidding, he probably wouldn't do that. :wink:

I trust him. :)

Hey, you're welcome. You don't post around here as much as you used to, so I figured my having it in my signature would be more useful than you having it there.

Exactly. It's awesome advertising - thank you! :)

I kind of figured something like this might be your plan, all the way back when you came here and started trying to type all those celebrities seriously. I wondered, "Is she making a compendium of all their types?"

I think you're single-handedly responsible for the creation of the Popular Culture and Type section, and have contributed a lot to the site.

Yeah, actually that forum did get created in response to my threads which were cluttering up The Bonfire. I believe there is more than one opinion regarding whether that particular influence constitutes a contribution. :wink:

I'm off now to continue the great day you've started! :bye:

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
\
Yeah, actually that forum did get created in response to my threads which were cluttering up The Bonfire. I believe there is more than one opinion regarding whether that particular influence constitutes a contribution. :wink:

Aww... really? I would have thought it was obviously a contribution. I mean, this is a typology site, and your threads were actually focused on typing people.

Anyway, hope that everything works out well for you!