• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

4d?

redacted

so is what we're seeing just 3-dimensional cross-sections of the hypercube rotated in 4 dimensions?

if so, that's cool.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
How is that 4D? I always thought 4D is for example movies that you can see in 3D but with effects like water squirting on you and wind blowing in your face. :huh:

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
well, I can see the theory behind it but I can't get my eyes to quite connect the pictures. Can't figure out if I'm too close or too far from the screen. Just managed to make it look like there were four images and gave myself a headache. In addition don't we exist in 3D space? (up-down, forward-backward, left-right) Would be kind of hard to create an image for which our present grasp of the laws of physics doesn't allow?

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
No!
Don't you see? Youtube is the wave of the future.
Even scientists are giving up experimentation funds for hard drive space on the youtube servers.

These are the basic truths:
+If it's not on youtube, it didn't happen
+If it's on youtube, it obviously happened -- you just saw it right there. How can you deny it?

It's like wikipedia.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Cool optical illusion. Seems like cubes within cubes within cubes... Technically time is already the fourth dimension.

I'm also reminded of the crappy sequels to the original "Cube" movie....

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
I believe most people regard the 4th dimension as duration (time),

So if you could hypothetically see the 4th dimension the cube and it's parts would be seen from it's creation to when it, well, ceases to be. look at this:

YouTube - Imagining the Tenth Dimension - Rob Bryanton [FULL CLIP]

Around the 2:50 mark they talk about the 4th dimension theory, and all the dimensions up to the 9th. Purely theory but interesting.