• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Need Computer help, scary!!!

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
but yeah far out that'll teach me. i only have the phone number for a year and probably get it disconnected in a few months when i move out, rents too much. last time i took the phone there was this marketing person saying i should buy a marketing booklet for $100 and that checked out. I bought it and got free car servicing, haircuts, food, and stuff.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
This was way more unusual, i can tell when something is off. and that other person who sold me the marketing book spoke in proper english too, which helped. Having people with heavy accents tell me this that logic would say why now, trust goes when its random.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
The website they sent you to is genuine, so they didn't do anything to your computer: )...but they were planning to.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
The absolute worst thing that can happen is Identity Theft. If you think that somebody may have personal information that is sensitive for abuse (mostly credit card, bank or email details), get in contact with the company the info is about and ask them for advice and to pay extra attention to signs of abuse.

Other than that, virusses and trojans are obviously a big nuisance. Me, I do have a virusscanner (Avast) and malwarebytes installed. But rather then rely on those programs and regular maintenance alone I also do a Windows reinstallation about twice a year.

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
no company would ever call you like that, for that. it's a big fat scamsandwich! You're not the only australian who has gotten that call. I know other people who have gotten that call also.