• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Windows Live Movie Maker editing

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I've been trying to screw around the last month with Windows Live Movie Maker, just really editing videos of shows or movies to make clips or create slideshows. What I'm having trouble with is taking multiple clips of one file and putting them together.

For instance, I tried taking 2 seperate 2 minute parts of a video and merging them, which I really did by cutting it out, saving it as a movie, then merging the two. The end result was a movie zoomed out twice, so it came out like this:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jwggQdUQw"]Trial run[/YOUTUBE]

I know it has to do with the resolution of the original file. I used the save as 720p for each file, and it ended up like that. The original file is 624x352. Any ideas to start to make this not messed up when I try it?

rav3n

Don't know anything about Live Movie Maker but if the character Abed, solely by that clip, isn't an INTx (probably a J), I'd be surprised! Good idea to track by cycle. :laugh:

A

A window to the soul

Movie Maker is limited in functionality. There are only two resolution options: 4:3 and 16:9.
Go to: Tools-->Options... to tweak it.

You might try VideoPad Video Editor. It's free, lightweight, and allows you to set custom resolution specs. (Google it.)