• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Who here subscribes to RSS feeds?

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Do you subscribe to RSS feeds?

If so, how many?

What feeds do you subscribe to?

What RSS feed reader do you use?

I subscribe to around 200 of them. Many of them are related to my profession, others are news feeds, some are blogs I follow, and others are feeds from various humorous and amusing websites.

A few examples of RSS feeds I follow:

Google News
Scientific American
Science News
The Onion
Fail Blog
Not Always Right
20 Things We Didn't Know Last Week
Mashable

I use Google Reader as my feed reader for no better reason other than the fact that I'm already using Google for just about everything else. I'm thinking about switiching readers though. Sometimes pictures don't always show up in my RSS feed posts like they're supposed to.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I used to on linux, but don't have a good aggregator on windows or OSX. I actually found akregator and the whole kontact suite on KDE3 was one of the nicest all in one mail clients to use.

I can't remember everything I subscribed to but among them would have been:

Slashdot (and various subsections)
Space news from NASA
Local and world news
Linux news
Sports news
Various other things I was interested in...

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I subscribe to a lot of feeds, and streamline them by using Google Reader because it's easy to share stories and comments with my friends.

Most of my feeds are photography and news based, along with my friend's blogs.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I use Tristana, but would like to find a program that... doesn't feel as clunky.

mochajava

MBTI Type
INFJ
Yes, around 60 using google reader. Some are about personality (surprise, surprise!) like introvert blogs, friends blogs, asian-american blogs, and stuff related to my field. Oh, and things that are just plain fun, like: http://stuffnoonetoldme.blogspot.com/ or xkcd.com