• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Wolfram Alpha Computational Knowledge Engine

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is it developed by Wolfram & Hart?

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Is it developed by Wolfram & Hart?

I honestly do not know.
My father-in-law sent me the link.
He's a financial analyst.
So, I just thought I'd play with it, and also share it here.

Are you familiar with some other work by Wolfram & Hart? :thinking:

SecondBest

Permabanned
MBTI Type
eNxp
Enneagram
5/7
Yeah, I tried this awhile ago. It has a lot of promise and it's a wonderful concept, but I remember the last time it still needed some bugs that needed working out.

For me, it's still easier just to use google and find out info that way. There isn't anything that amazing about Wolfram to make me use it, even as an addendum to Google. Though I don't trust Google in general, it's simpler.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, I tried this awhile ago. It has a lot of promise and it's a wonderful concept, but I remember the last time it still needed some bugs that needed working out.

For me, it's still easier just to use google and find out info that way. There isn't anything that amazing about Wolfram to make me use it, even as an addendum to Google. Though I don't trust Google in general, it's simpler.

I hear you. It would be cool if they picked a few areas to mature their algorithms with at first, and publish what they are, and then open up "betas" for people to bang against. The ultimate would be a portal with human logic in the background, somehow filtering through metadata fro you. That would be kick ass. :yes:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Freakin awesome. I've had it as a bookmark for a long time.

N

NPcomplete

Wolfram Alpha is beautiful. I've used it for random searches and to compare the output to google's a while ago.

Then again, I like Wolfram "notes" [and Mathematica <3] a lot as they have been more helpful than my profs in general.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I honestly do not know.
My father-in-law sent me the link.
He's a financial analyst.
So, I just thought I'd play with it, and also share it here.

Are you familiar with some other work by Wolfram & Hart? :thinking:
I assume you're not a Joss Whedon fan? :laugh:

Permabanned
I think there is a google-wolfram project in the making, or already running, to implement wolfram's engine into existing google data structure.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Couldn't do my math homework without Wolfram Alpha. Whatever lecture material we are being given is insufficient to do the exercises... so thanks to Wolfram I'm able atleast to check whether I'm even in right direction with my calculations.