• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

iPhone Apps

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do you guys have any faves, recommendations or disapproval of apps for iphone? Please share!

So far one of my faves is "The Spot" and "SongMate" where these keep track of songs you listen to on your iphone. You gain coins on both so that you can buy gifts for others or buy bands on "the spot." Both of them are networking sites where you can see others who are using the app sorted by age range, sex, and nearest location. Find people who like some of your fave bands/artists and chat :)

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Calengoo! I keep my life organised on this thing. It costs though. It's an app that syncs with your google calendar.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
A simple one that I use frequently (only for iPhone 4) makes use of the LED flash (intended for taking pictures). Activating the app makes the light stay on, intended for use as a small flash-light. I use it frequently going out to my truck at night or looking around a dark room.

It's called A Flash Flashlight Free

I also use TextFree. When you download the app, you'll actually register for a phone number (free of charge), and you can use the application with standard cell phone signal or solely on a Wi-Fi network. Not only can you text free with it, but it makes it convenient for me, because I have no cell signal at my parent's (where I'm currently living) but we do have Wi-Fi. The application looks a lot like the standard texting app that the iPhone comes with, so it's easy to use. You can pull contacts from your address book the same way too.

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
cool guys, i hadn't heard of any of those before, i'll prob get them all! lol i'm on an app craze right now. just got the iphone4 last wk, my sis got one too so we can do the face time chat.

Other apps to check out:

*for iphone4 users, there's an app that you can register for and order a free cover. you need an itunes store login and password because it's done through apple: iPhone 4 Case Program for iPhone 4 on the iTunes App Store

*someone just told me about FFM, for sharing free photo and text messages. the app is also free: Free Foto Messenger: FFM for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
Edit: you create a screen name and then have to add buddies who also share the app in order to talk to them and exchange pics, it's like a messenger

*i downloaded the Aeolian Harp for $1.99 cuz i'm a dork and like to play with instruments and with pretty things. this is pretty cool, kind of relaxing and soothing actually. you get to experiment with this circle of strings divided into fourths, each fourth is represented by an instrument such as a harp, guitar, sitar and marimba. the visuals are really cool looking, but i imagine how this would look so much better in an iPad due to the bigger screen. Aeolian Harp for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

*If you are an avid movie netflix watcher and have an account with them, you should probably d/l this free app...so long as you have constant access to wifi so that you don't go overboard on your data monthly pkg. http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/netflix/id363590051?mt=8

Last edited:

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am going to add a few more apps I think are pretty cool.

Wondershare iDraft
you can use it like a notepad, doodle, jot down notes and save them. 99 cents.
Wondershare iDraft for iPad on the iTunes App Store

AT&T wireless mobile
i love how practical this app is. it keeps track of your att account, any phone lines under it. keeps track of the minutes, texts and data usage. i love it so this way i know if i'm close to going over my data plan, texts or mins. FREE.
AT&T myWireless Mobile for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

TextPlus
this is awesome cuz i actually already went over my text limit and this allows me to text any phone for free using my own number! i didn't have to create any new # or acct. however, you can create a user name and acct and text and exchange pics with your friends like that other app i mentioned, the FFM...however, it is not necessary. FREE but w/ads. they have an ad free app for $2.99
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/textplus-free-text-unlimited/id314487667?mt=8

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
TextPlus
this is awesome cuz i actually already went over my text limit and this allows me to text any phone for free using my own number! i didn't have to create any new # or acct. however, you can create a user name and acct and text and exchange pics with your friends like that other app i mentioned, the FFM...however, it is not necessary. FREE but w/ads. they have an ad free app for $2.99
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/textplus-free-text-unlimited/id314487667?mt=8
Looks like a deal right there... I'm going to have to get this one when I have more than $3 in my bank account. :laugh:

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Looks like a deal right there... I'm going to have to get this one when I have more than $3 in my bank account. :laugh:

lol well, they also have a free version. you should use that on the meantime. the paid app just doesn't have ads on it, but i don't think it's a big deal/distraction.

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4
I don't have iPhone, but I have Sony Ericsson Vivaz and with it I got Skype app.
My monthly 3G subscription opens today, so now I can call for free to Skype users
from my phone, where ever, whenever =)

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Got my phone last week and am addicted to the apps. My daughter had an iPod and I went through many of the apps but now I have GPS and photo apps.

I'm not getting the hipstomatic love. I got it and it's "fun" but I'm really not liking that it doesn't save a non manipulated pic. I also don't like how much it actually costs to get all the add ons. (I did get them all.) I'm currently in love with

Lo mob: lo-mob for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

I like ClearCam a lot too, it can either take four photos and save the clearest, or take six photos and merge them into a better photo. I JUST realized looking it up that it actually saves it as a larger photo that's clearer than the originals - you can zoom in farther. Crazy!

ClearCam for iPhone on the iTunes App Store

At this point I'm using PageScanner to keep my scans/OCRs in order. The OCR isn't ok but I usually just keep the pics in order. I have different folders for each kid and my stuff. It's a nice document sorter, not sure if there are better apps. It also makes pdfs of the data or emails it.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/page-scanner/id368331275?mt=8

I didn't realize how many paid apps I have. AH!

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I can't find info about the data overages. Any info?

F

figsfiggyfigs

Text plus

Yahoo msg.

Minesweeper.

Translator

Facebook

shake spell

dictionary.com

Skype/Voip

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4
facebook
wisepilot

thats all total, for sybian (vivaz)

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Upon someone around here's recommendation I went ahead and paid for the Livestrong app... Love it!

I like PS Express too... It's nice to have on hand to do some quick editing of photos, also have flickr and photobucket to upload pics to.

Of course I had to have Pandora for when my iPod music gets old and I need something new...

I use Flixster to see what movies are in the theater and what just came out on DVD.

I have a ton of word games on here... Little bit of a junky in that regard...

I have a local news stations app on here so I can check the news every now and then. And also have the weather channel app...And then the basics like USA Today and NY Times...

I've got an app to pay my Discover bill and check my balance with...

I added Dropbox to my phone. Nice to be able to access all my documents that are on my Dropbox at home from my phone!

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can't find info about the data overages. Any info?

I found this using my AT&T mobile app, yay lol

Additional Messaging and Data Charges: Pay-Per-Use Charges (overage or non-plan pricing): Text/Instant Messaging $0.20 per message; Picture/Video Messages $0.30 per message; Web browsing $2 per MB applies to new customers or customers who change voice plans or cancel data plans on or after July 31, 2009, otherwise $0.01 per KB. Prices are valid for use in the U.S. only. Charges for international messages sent from the U.S. are $0.25 for Text Messages and $0.50 for Picture/Video Messages.

source: PLAN TERMS - Wireless from AT&T.

Words of Ivory

facettes de la petite mor
MBTI Type
INFJ
Depict: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/depict/id340772215?mt=8

The game is essentially an online version of Pictionary. Each player in the round must draw a picture using the touch-screen, and the other players must figure out what the picture is from a group of multi-choice answers.

It sounds simple in concept, but I swear to you, it is seriously the most addictive game on the entire App Store that i have ever played, period.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
Productivity: Evernote for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

i love the OCR!

Key features of Evernote:
● Create text, photo and audio notes
● Auto-synchronize your notes to your Mac, PC, and Web
● Magically makes text within snapshots searchable
● Mark notes as "Favorite" for quick access
● All notes include geo-location information for mapping and search
✶ Premium Feature: File Synchronization - add, sync, access, and share files (PDF, Word, Excel, PPT, and more) among the different versions of Evernote you use