• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

China Plans Huge Buses That Can DRIVE OVER Cars

rav3n

Any idea what kind of fuel this overbus would run on? It looks like there's wheels on one side and a rail on the other, so it might run on electricity or not. What happens when this bus gets to an intersection where the rail has to end, to accommodate for cross traffic?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Any idea what kind of fuel this overbus would run on? It looks like there's wheels on one side and a rail on the other, so it might run on electricity or not. What happens when this bus gets to an intersection where the rail has to end, to accommodate for cross traffic?

My guess is that it would be a leap of faith until it hits the next rail. Wheee!!

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I don't know. This may be the next innovation in travel (three dimensions! We've been thinking that since flying cars!), or it could be a literal train wreck. For some reason, I vote train wreck...

Snow Turtle

Let's see, that bus is huge, about the size of a subway. Depending on which way it derails, it would crush a whole bunch of cars in its wake, or it might crush into a building, causing building damage and killing a bunch of people inside.

What makes the fatalities increase would be the size of the bus, and also the fact that there are people below it in all directions, not just side to side of it. The center of gravity of it looks like it would be really high, too :/

Also, there's the question for the picture -- how the hell do people get into that bus, anyway? The doors are so high up! They'd have to build loading platforms!

Yep. That's exactly what they need to do. There's a video explaining what happens when the bus-train is turning.

YouTube - China Plans Hugh Buses that can DRIVE OVER Cars

Words of Ivory

facettes de la petite mor
MBTI Type
INFJ
They theorised a similar idea with trains.

People could get onto a high-raised dock that would be closed before the train entered the station. The train would then pass underneath and "clasp" onto the dock and take it with it, allowing it to pass through the station without having to stop.

Obviously the potential problems that could occur with such a piece of technology are disastrous to even think about, and I can see the same happening with this. I'd be surprised if it ever actually comes to fruition.

Snow Turtle

They theorised a similar idea with trains.

People could get onto a high-raised dock that would be closed before the train entered the station. The train would then pass underneath and "clasp" onto the dock and take it with it, allowing it to pass through the station without having to stop.

Obviously the potential problems that could occur with such a piece of technology are disastrous to even think about, and I can see the same happening with this. I'd be surprised if it ever actually comes to fruition.

It should be within operation in the next 2 Years. They've started the project.
But still, chances are it might never live up to it's ideal image. We'll see I guess xD