• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mac or PC - N or S

Mac or PC - N or S

• N Mac (all Operating Systems)

Votes: 27 34.6%
  • S Mac (all Operating Systems)

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • N PC (all Operating Systems)

Votes: 48 61.5%
  • S PC (all Operating Systems)

Votes: 11 14.1%

• Total voters

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
I'm N PC, although I was mainly a Mac user back in college. Some things about the Mac still appeal to me.

My home machine is a self-built Windows XP/Ubuntu Linux dual boot. I mostly just use Windows lately, but like to visit a different playground once in a while.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I've owned 4 Macs, and use PC's everyday ay work. I used to do music comp/sequencing on a Mac and they are very good for that. I used to think Macs are a superior product, until I bought a Macbook. The thing crashed all the time and had so many problems that it was essentially rendered useless, and Apple refused to acknowledge the issues.
I finally got some satisfaction. but I'm very hesitant to put any data on it at this point. Also, Apple has some draconian policies about file sharing, which made me nearly give my iphone away. I'll probably not buy another Mac at this point.

Bottom line, Apple has stopped testing their products fully, and it shows.

Pixelholic

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
Bottom line, Apple has stopped testing their products fully, and it shows.

I would have more respect for them if they just owned up to their mistakes. One reason I like Asus so much is if I have a faulty piece of equipment they fix it without giving me shit about it or questioning my intelligence.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I would have more respect for them if they just owned up to their mistakes. One reason I like Asus so much is if I have a faulty piece of equipment they fix it without giving me shit about it or questioning my intelligence.

Yep. I got PISSED at them for the way they handled my sitch. It was very poor customer service. They 'triaged' the thing every time I came in, no matter what I said, no matter that it had all been done before. They ended up replacing almost every part in it.
The fact is that they have become major players in the mobile market, and have decided to focus there rather than really invest in the rest of their product line. It wasn't like this 10 years ago. My PowerPC Mac crashed once. It was solid. This Macbook is just a flimsy piece of shit, but priced like an heirloom. I still think OSX works well, but maybe it's time to move on...

Usehername

On a mission
Eh? What do you mean "real buttons?" :huh:

I like the ability to do everything without looking while my iPod is in my pocket.

If there were more buttons instead of multifunctional buttons, I don't think I'd have to tear my earbuds out of my ear quite as often waiting for the scrolling function to switch to the volume function, for example.

I think they make a great product, I bought the iPod because Apple does it better than anyone else. They do function well--but I also think Apple holds aesthetics and "feel" at the top of their priorities. I would just prefer to rank functionality as my top priority, which is why I don't use as many Apple products.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i used to have a mac and loved it, but it broke (because of my own carelessness not the quality of the computer) and i had to get a pc because i couldn't afford a new one. pcs are alright but i like macs a lot more.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I like the ability to do everything without looking while my iPod is in my pocket.

What do you mean? I've used ipods for years and I'm not getting what you mean. Do you mean being able to push buttons to control the ipod while your hand is in your pocket?

Usehername

On a mission
What do you mean? I've used ipods for years and I'm not getting what you mean. Do you mean being able to push buttons to control the ipod while your hand is in your pocket?

Yes. Do you have six months of winter? Controlling absolutely everything without looking is a priority for me and my cold hands! :D

I don't like multifunction buttons, and Apple has a lot of those on their iPods because they have so few buttons.

Stevo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I am an N and I use a Mac right now. However I feel no particular loyalty to either brand and there are a lot of things that annoy me about both.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Yes. Do you have six months of winter? Controlling absolutely everything without looking is a priority for me and my cold hands! :D

I don't like multifunction buttons, and Apple has a lot of those on their iPods because they have so few buttons.

Our winters are from mid November to mid Feb.

I had an iPod 5G, then an iPod Classic 80gb, then down to an iPod Nano 8GB. Then I got an iPod Touch 8GB last Summer. I found I was carrying around a Samsung Gravity, iPod Touch, and iPod Nano. So, 3 months ago I sold my iPod nano and Touch, gave my Gravity to my sister and bought an HTC Touch Pro 2 smart phone that does what all 3 of those devices does. I love it:

Screen15.jpg

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I've been told a MAC fits my personality....whatever the hell that means. I've used a MAC before, but I haven't really experienced a MAC. If it weren't a grand plus tax, I'd probably own one by now.

Blossom500

MBTI Type
ENFP
These days, none of these apply! A usable, funky Mac can be competitively cheaper than a Sony Vaio for instance, Apple has now overtaken Microsoft in capital value and, without compromising its awesome OS integrity, I can run a full PC on my quad core Mac as well as my industry Mac software!

I bought my son VAIO about 18 months ago for school thinking it would be easier for the school to connect etc. Worst mistake.... runs like a dog and always has. Got a Macbook much cheaper in comparison and have had no problems in 6 months. Got an Apple desktop just after the VAIO and if it had ben the other way around we I would never have invested (wrong word) in the VAIO. Mac CONVERT!!!!

jixmixfix

Permabanned
PC, I don't see the hype with a mac it just looks prettier, and people who say PC's get messed up with viruses are right you know why? because no virus programmers develop for macs, but with the growing popularity that is going to change and you will your mac catching viruses.

Blossom500

MBTI Type
ENFP
PC, I don't see the hype with a mac it just looks prettier, and people who say PC's get messed up with viruses are right you know why? because no virus programmers develop for macs, but with the growing popularity that is going to change and you will your mac catching viruses.

yeah yeah yeah I know

Pixelholic

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
VAIOs are also terrible overpriced piles of crap. They don't even have the good hardware design that Apple at least has.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I use a mac. I also use windows on a mac.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
I too haven't had any of the typical Vista problems people complain about. I have 7 now though. I have a desktop atm, if I ever get a laptop down the road I plan to optimize for the best battery life/performance compromise... so that'll probably mean one of the non-Windows non-Mac OSs

This is a good point. Also I think lots of people get viruses because they don't have antivirus software when there's free stuff out there that works well...it's just stupid.

And my previous roommate didn't even know what spyware was, and why she needed something like spybot ... stupidity like that is not the fault of PCs...it's the PC user that is the problem. Anyway, like many others, I've noticed that most of the people who use Macs aren't interested in the technical "facts" or "specs" of the machine...they just use it because it's "cool".

Blossom500

MBTI Type
ENFP
... if I ever get a laptop down the road I plan to optimize for the best battery life/performance compromise... so that'll probably mean one of the non-Windows non-Mac OSs

My Macbook runs for 7 hours on battery. Had a lot of PC's and knew what they ran on but totally converted to Mac now.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
My Macbook runs for 7 hours on battery. Had a lot of PC's and knew what they ran on but totally converted to Mac now.

I haven't tweaked my battery settings much for my laptop. It's not really the best candidate for mobility in terms of power. I could likely set it to battery saving mode and get 3 hours.

I remember once I set battery plan to high performance, and ran Call of Duty 4 without thinking about the battery drain. I was waiting for a class, and realized after the game that I went from 95% to 15% battery in 10 minutes. The game ran perfectly smooth. Heh.