• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mac or PC - N or S

Mac or PC - N or S

• N Mac (all Operating Systems)

Votes: 27 34.6%
  • S Mac (all Operating Systems)

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • N PC (all Operating Systems)

Votes: 48 61.5%
  • S PC (all Operating Systems)

Votes: 11 14.1%

• Total voters

Pixelholic

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
And instead of pedals there'd be some kind of sensitive touch panel, and the car would only come in one color.

Abstract Thinker

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
And instead of pedals there'd be some kind of sensitive touch panel, and the car would only come in one color.

Maybe, but it would look like this:

picture.php

Daedalus

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I know, right? They're taking their time with that.

I bet the Mac Pro will have one when they announce the new models this Fall. Hope so anyway...

I'm afraid You will have to wait forever.
Jobbs explicitly stated recently that there will be NO Blu-Ray

Steve Jobs has once again spoken candidly about his disdain for Blu-ray, explaining to a MacRumors reader in an email that the hi-def discs will be "beaten by internet downloadable formats".

Jobs, who seems to be responding to all emails at the moment including ones that begin with 'Dear respected one', showed he still has a bone to pick with Blu-ray, by refusing to believe the format was worthy of inclusion in Apple's latest Mac Mini range.

In the email, he noted: "Bluray [sic] is looking more and more like one of the high end audio formats that appeared as the successor to the CD – like it will be beaten by Internet downloadable formats."

Read more: Jobs says no to Blu-ray on Macs… again | News | TechRadar UK

there are some Glaring mistakes/omissions in his claim

1 Many ISPs have a bandwidth cap, (comcast at 250gb) how many Blu Ray Quality movies can one download over the net?

2 Even with 15 Mb/s how many of you are willing to wait for hours so they can watch a movie?(keep in mind that most servers dont allow people to download at speeds more than 2Mb/s from their sites)

3 None of the online rental sites(including Netflix) stream their movies on 1080p, at most its on 720p. A world of a difference, especially if one has a higher resolution monitor. And even if those movies are downloaded...10 movies will take up half a TB of your hard drive....Blu-rays don't have this problem as they don't store anything in ur hard-drive...its better to have 20 movies on a shelf, to watch whenever...than deleting movies to make space for newer ones.

4 Blu Rays could be used to do a lot of stuff other than watching movies, Data backup comes to mind, amongst other things

5 This seems like a good marketing ploy to force people, (indirectly of course.lol ) to buy/rent movies Via Itunes,,,in other words more $$$

well i could think of a few more..

whats wrong with having "options"?

or is this going to be one of those proverbial "Flash is not good cos it kills battery" (apparently it takes only aroun 15% processing power to run in the new android phones.lol) excuse?

or the "HTML 5" is better excuse.... (when HTML 5 is not even out of the drawing board and wont even be here for another 5 years or more..at the least)

unless a lot of apple customers band together and push for a Blu-Ray...i doubt its going to be there..ever.

:)

Pixelholic

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
it's odd too since Apple often pushes for high end technology. They pushed dvd burners and firewire.

And yeah as much as I like digital distribution, I'd prefer hard backups as well.

Daedalus

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
it's odd too since Apple often pushes for high end technology. They pushed dvd burners and firewire.

And yeah as much as I like digital distribution, I'd prefer hard backups as well.

I think the reason is that with Blu-Ray ITunes will lose a significant market for down loadable movies.

this is all about the $$$ than looking forward to the future.

Pixelholic

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
Yeah I think you're right. Funny how when Microsoft has a monopoly they get called out on it while Apple controlling the entirety of the online music/video industry gets a free pass.