• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Advise pls uploading ipod to itunes

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My computer caught a nasty bug and had to be completely wiped and everything reinstalled. Before the guy did that, he asked me if I had all my iTunes music stored somewhere, like on my iPod. I said that I did. So he reinstalled ... wiping out my total iPod library, most of which were songs I paid for.

I still have everything on my iPod, but there is no authorized program that allows you to move your iPod contents back up to your iTunes library.

There are workaround freeware programs that claim to make it so you can, though.

Has anybody used such programs who could give me a recommendation?

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I haven't used an iPod in forever, but when I had one you could simply open the iPod as though it were a hard disk when plugged into your computer, and the files are in there, albeit hidden and oddly named.

If you have a PC, go to control panel>Folder Options>and then perhaps the View tab [I forget at this point, I'm on my linux laptop] and select the option to show hidden files and folders.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Jock -- hidden and oddly named, eh? Ok, I will look.

Oxyjen, have you used Yamipod?

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I haven't used an iPod in forever, but when I had one you could simply open the iPod as though it were a hard disk when plugged into your computer, and the files are in there, albeit hidden and oddly named.

If you have a PC, go to control panel>Folder Options>and then perhaps the View tab [I forget at this point, I'm on my linux laptop] and select the option to show hidden files and folders.

Yes, Jock, you are right about the menu sequence:

View -> Then Select the Radio Button that Reads "Show Hidden Files"

A friend of mine says that by ddefault, you see only the ".m4a" files but when the "show hidden files" option is selected you will see the corresponding ".mp3" associated with the .m4a header.

So, in that mode, you will see two versions of each song: (1) Song_Title.m4a, and (2) Song_Title.mp3

My computer caught a nasty bug and had to be completely wiped and everything reinstalled. Before the guy did that, he asked me if I had all my iTunes music stored somewhere, like on my iPod. I said that I did. So he reinstalled ... wiping out my total iPod library, most of which were songs I paid for.

I still have everything on my iPod, but there is no authorized program that allows you to move your iPod contents back up to your iTunes library.

There are workaround freeware programs that claim to make it so you can, though.

Has anybody used such programs who could give me a recommendation?

Try this one, a friend of mine who is a PC guru and iPod owner says it works like a charm:

"SENUTI" (iTunes spelled backwards, LOL!)

Free Senuti Download

Good luck, kiddo! :happy:

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It looks like Senuti is only for MAC, but thanks anyway!

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dahlink, you ah maaahvelous! Will try!

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dahlink, you ah maaahvelous! Will try!

Awww shuckers! :blush:

Good luck! :nice:

If you have any issues shoot me a PM, and I can contact my friend who recently used the program successfully. He copied over 30 gigabytes of music from a mutual friend's iPod Touch back to a PC, that had to be reformatted due to a virus/malware issue, similar to what you are experiencing. :cheese:

Have a great day! :happy:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I always use an ipod rip software, never buy it, because i'm cheap i just do 100 songs at a time (the max they allow you to do with out buying it) the good thing about doing it that way, is you can go through and get rid of songs you don't listen to it.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
HALLA,

:yay:

IT WORKS! IT WORKS!! IT WORKS!!!

:happy0065::thumbup::woot:
Thank you ever so.:banana:

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
HALLA,

:yay:

IT WORKS! IT WORKS!! IT WORKS!!!

:happy0065::thumbup::woot:
Thank you ever so.:banana:

I am VERY happy for you, my dear friend! :woot:

Music is a lifelong passion of mine.

At one point the external hard drive I saved all my music (MP3s) to crashed and I lost EVERYTHING.

Considering I ripped all my 550+ CDs to MP3 by myself, and then encoded them all to 192 kBit MP3 with LAME v3.92, I was devastated.

Luckily, a friend of mine had copied most of my music collection to his external hard drive, so I only lost about 25% of everything once I got the contents of his drive back on my system.

THE MORAL OF THE STORY:

Buy a $99 external hard drive and back up all your music REGULARLY, like maybe once per week or once per month, depending on how often you acquire things.

Here's the one I bought recently:

(NOTE: It is a good model if you know where all your muxi folders are. I have one directory on my PC that is the "Master" directory, all else is within it, so all I have to do is copy it to my external drive and I get a full backup of my vital data in one click.

Western Digital WDBAAU0020HBK-NESN Elements 2TB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive in Hard Drives at JR.com

IF YOU ARE LAZY, this one has a utility that will seek ALL the files on your PC that should be backed up, and do it in one fell swoop with no wrok on your part: :whistling:

Western Digital WDBAAF0020HBK-NESN My Book Essential 2TB External Hard Drive in Hard Drives at JR.com

I own both, because I'm paranoid about losing data, and because despite being organized, I am pretty damn lazy at times. :laugh:

Yay for you! You got your tunes back!!! :hug:

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'ma go for the fell swoop, and thank you very much for the product recommendation. This will greatly increase my peace of mind!:hug:

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Oh, glad you found something. I used CopyTrans to do that same thing. It copied from iPod and then transferred the entire library and playlists into iTunes. It costed $14.95, though. Well worth the cost for me.

My music collection I have on my phone is a personal collection of 660 songs from 1997 to 2010, all of my favorite songs. It's incredibly personal and I would be devastated too if I lost it.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, I don't mind paying a little something for software that's been recommended by someone who's had good personal experience with it! That's how I felt about my music, too -- "an incredibly personal" collection.

Thanks Oxygen and Miss Chknz for responding, too!

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
At one point the external hard drive I saved all my music (MP3s) to crashed and I lost EVERYTHING.

Same thing here, except I wasn't able to recover any of it. :doh:

I should know better.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I just dropped a 1TB external drive in an external case a week ago. I broke the sata cable's end. It got butchered. Not sure if the drive still works. I think the external bay is a cushion? :p