• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

iPhone 4!

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
WTF... Maybe it's at the discretion of the store to make that call, or depending on how high customer volume is at each store. I can understand if they don't want lines rapping around their building of people wanting to pick up their phone. Anyone wanting to go in just to buy a phone charger for their blackberry wouldn't be able to do so, which reflects poorly on the company.

Anyways, I got this confirmation email which states that I could get my phone via mail by the 24th (this is their aim). At the latest it says the 28th (not the 5th of July, like the rep at AT&T said).

Thank you for ordering iPhone 4 from AT&T. Your device has been reserved. Today was the busiest sales day in our history. Because of the incredible volume of orders we received, there is a slight chance that some customers may receive their devices between June 25 and June 28. Rest assured, we are doing all we can to ship devices to customers for delivery on the 24th. You do not need to take any action at this point.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
Interesting. It could be that I just ordered mine before the retail stores sold out, and you did not. I know I kept reloading the apple store (between 1 and 2 am) until it worked, so I probably made one of the first orders.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I'll be fine if I get it any time in June. The anxiety of reserving an order was the stressful part. Waiting for it to arrive is smooth sailing, for me.

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
Unfortunately, as is the norm with apple products for me: I dislike the closed ecosystem for applications, the closed hardware, the lack of choice and as a result of it, it continues to be missing a number of functions I'm in need of.

- I'm not really allowed to fix the hardware myself and it's made to not allow me to. Working in a physical environment often, this is unfortunate. I can replace a blackberry screen for $20 and batteries are $5. Even with the best cases, I still break screens, too much shock on them.

- Touch devices do not work well with the gloves I have to wear, and are expensive to replace when the above happens.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I still don't have a charge on my credit card for the phone, but I got the email from AT&T a week ago saying that I had successfully pre-ordered. Hmmmmmmm.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I just got an AT&T email with my FedEx tracking number, though it hasn't been activated yet. So, I expect it will ship within the next day maybe?

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Mine has the status of shipped as of today. I would expect a charge tomorrow, but maybe it will be on Thursday.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Has it made any movement yet (shipment pinged at any other location)?

I'm just curious. Not obsessing. :D

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Nope. It officially ships on the 24th though, so I don't really expect any info to be available on FedEx tracking yet.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Mine was picked up today in Fort Worth, TX by FedEx and has an estimated delivery of tomorrow (23rd) by 16:30. ;)

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
If this is the feature I think it is, that is an option to you personally whether you want to share your location or not. I've had a notice box pop up asking if I wanted to share my location for the sake of making searches easier, etc. but it wasn't mandated.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Mine was picked up today in Fort Worth, TX by FedEx and has an estimated delivery of tomorrow (23rd) by 16:30. ;)

Well pfft. :D

I hope mine arrives tomorrow, as I have today and tomorrow off. I reallllly want to be there when my package arrives!

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Nope. You can't opt out. Apple stores location information and offers it up to advertising partners for the location specific iAds. Pretty sure Google does the same thing though.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Why bother, it's already outdated.

The iPhone 4 is the antithesis of an out-dated product. It combines at least 6 of our generation's "must-have" technologies into one product and you call that?

Why not say "I don't care for the new iPhone"?

onceuponatime

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xSFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Honestly I could really care less. I think it's a fine piece of technology without a doubt. But just like any other technology it's already being improved and next month you will be out buying a iPhone 5.