• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

iPhone 4!

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I just bought one of these 2 months ago:

778_htc_touch_pro_2.jpg

Although over a year old, but I can't live without the sliding keyboard. Durn T-Mobile is $80/month for phone + unlimited data/text. I didn't realize how many possibilities for programs Windows Mobile brought. Is it possible to marry your phone?

InsatiableCuriosity

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Perhaps when you just buy the phone?

Because when I go to the Apple website, 3GS are like $599, whereas when you get an AT&T contract, it drops down to $199.

So the reporting on the prices is slightly skewed and needs to come with a rider to the effect that this is a data plan purchase price??? Reporters should be more careful! :shock:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
omg i want video chat so bad!

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Have decided to pre-order on the 15th, when they begin taking pre-orders. Phone drops into the market on the 24th, and I will be picking up first thing.

Stokkkeeedddd.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
So the reporting on the prices is slightly skewed and needs to come with a rider to the effect that this is a data plan purchase price??? Reporters should be more careful! :shock:

Actually it was my interpretation that it would only be so cheap with an AT&T plan. Perhaps it is $199/$299 no contract, but those prices have historically been associated with the purchase of a plan.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
I wasn't nuts about having to pay $30/mo for data either, but I'm such a disorganized slob I really needed something to offload my brain into. Hence the iPhone, which is great for me because it can be everything: phone, calendar, music player, GPS, instant access to all human knowledge, etc. So I just have to not lose it and remember to put appointments into it, and I'm golden.

When I switched to AT&T from Verizon, I asked for a minutes plan that isn't advertised anymore. So we get something like 550 minutes to share between two phones and I added data for my iPhone, all for about $85/mo, which was about $10 less than we had been paying for just minutes to share between two phones at Verizon. We were able to get away with fewer minutes at AT&T because of the rollover thing- we have periods of heavy usage, but much of the time we're not really using them that much.

Whoah really? I pay $20 a month for a month of unlimited data, unlimited txts and still have the $20 to spend on calls (maybe an hour or so). And that's on a sim only, not tied, contract free monthly top up when I feel like it!

US data market is suckage.

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
Actually it was my interpretation that it would only be so cheap with an AT&T plan. Perhaps it is $199/$299 no contract, but those prices have historically been associated with the purchase of a plan.

lol...$199/$299 w/o a plan...

Ok there.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Thats definitely the price with a plan/upgrade (contract renewal). I talked to a guy at AT&T yesterday. Without a plan the phones are like 499 and 599, or whatever.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I'm due to receive a call at 7am on Tuesday to pre-order mine.

The only question that lingers is... black or white?

I'm thinking white.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Makes sense.

Disregard, I'll probably go white myself and then get a black glove case for it. Big pimpin'.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I'll probably get white because I think fingerprints don't show up on it as much, but I have my white 3G in a red case and I like that a lot, so I'll probably put something colorful on my 4G when I get it.

Gish

Which side are you on?
MBTI Type
PTSD
iPhone 4, not 4G, 4G implies something completely different.