• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which e-reader should I get

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Reading a book off of a screen just doesn't feel right to me.
But, my friend has a nook and has no complaints.

I specifically bought a reader 1 1/2 years ago because I can't stand reading books off a computer screen. Reading for several hours a day with my reader is no problem at all though. In fact, I find the reader much easier on my eyes than a badly printed book, and it doesn't compare at all to computer screens or tablet PCs.
But of course YMMV :)

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
Reading a book off of a screen just doesn't feel right to me.
But, my friend has a nook and has no complaints.

Well reading a paperback just doesn't feel right to me. It'd be fine if the damn book would just stay open by itself!

fecaleagle

MBTI Type
INTj
You know, if it was just an e-reader, I probably wouldn't bother. I like reading physical books. But this has more tablet capability, and I've been wanting a tablet. Plus, the Nook will let you borrow ebooks from public libraries, which I dig, since I have access to several libraries, including my college one.

It doesn't get any simpler. You just need a small memory card to flash it that you could get a for a couple of bucks if you don't already have one

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You know, if it was just an e-reader, I probably wouldn't bother. I like reading physical books. But this has more tablet capability, and I've been wanting a tablet. Plus, the Nook will let you borrow ebooks from public libraries, which I dig, since I have access to several libraries, including my college one.

I liked the functionality of book the Kindle and the Nook but being able to borrow ebooks from libraries was the clincher for me. So I went with the Nook and I'm happy with it. Free ebooks, YAY!

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yer all going to burn out your eyes with this newfangled gadgetry, I swear.