• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Your favorite science

Mole

Permabanned
Genetics, because it tells me my precise digital relationship with diverse creatures such as a banana and the largest animal that has ever lived and is alive today, the Blue Whale.

Genetics is a whale of a science.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why are you fascinated by it? I've always been fascinated by the way people act in groups...and how the group acts as a whole.

It's actually pretty annoying to me. :laugh:
Then again, I am Social last. :devil:

I'm sure I'll learn to accept it more once I gain more knowledge on Psychology when I go into in college. :yes:

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
It's actually pretty annoying to me. :laugh:
Then again, I am Social last. :devil:

I'm sure I'll learn to accept it more once I gain more knowledge on Psychology when I go into in college. :yes:

I think it's not so much just the group.... but when you take one person out of the group and get them in a one on one situation they act differently. It just amazes me that so many people seem to change when they are in a group situation as opposed to one on one. :shrug:

Then again... I'm easily amused, so maybe that's it! :blush:

Unperson

MBTI Type
ENTP
What do you think about the idea that universum was first only 1d(before big bang), then after big parabum it went to 2d(every particle exactly the same distance from each others) and then formed 3rd dimension from tyese particles starting to attract each other and created mass, energy and this place we see around us in the collision. Black holes being holes in the system, which are in some "zero" dimension, where even the time is absent in our current understanding of it, because its away from the dimensions that we live in. And quantum mechanics being the 4th dimension(if you dont count time as an dimension)? And about the possibility of universum developing new dimensions inside ours(something like quantum physics, but more deeper)?

I would have to know more of the ideas in question, but it does sound like these things are generally rational.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Very interested in most of the sciences, i'd love to go into scientific research, have been thingking of doing a science degree with the OU...soon as i have time... not sure which one to go with though... i'd prob avoid anything to math based.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think it's not so much just the group.... but when you take one person out of the group and get them in a one on one situation they act differently. It just amazes me that so many people seem to change when they are in a group situation as opposed to one on one. :shrug:

Then again... I'm easily amused, so maybe that's it! :blush:

Well, yeah, I see what you're saying how people act very different in a group, as it is a whole 'nother ballpark, but I find it rather annoying rather than interesting. I'm more focused on individuals (by themselves). I suppose maybe it has to do with me being an Sx-dominant and Social last. :shrug:

Mole

Permabanned
Integrity and Group Think

A person without an integrated psyche is prey to group think. This can have disasterous consequences, from schoolyard bullying to the Bay of Pigs fiasco.

Integrating the psyche is a lifetime work. For each new experience is to be analysed and integrated with all previous experience.

This is difficult work hard won, involving the emotional pain of cognitive dissonance and disorientation.

But the prize is personal integrity and freedom from group think.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
Physics with a fiery burning passion that burns the core of my tender, juicy heart like a nasty virus that makes you feel oh so good.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Physics with a fiery burning passion that burns the core of my tender, juicy heart like a nasty virus that makes you feel oh so good.
I couldn't have said it better myself.

Whichever science did this.
This is not science; it is engineering/technology, though there is considerable laser physics underlying it.

Mole

Permabanned
My favourite science is Christian Science created by Mary Baker Eddy in 1879. It is the inspired marriage of the Bible and Science. And is successful even today. So successful that the Imams are claiming scientific revelations in the Koran.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My favourite science is Christian Science created by Mary Baker Eddy in 1879. It is the inspired marriage of the Bible and Science. And is successful even today. So successful that the Imams are claiming scientific revelations in the Koran.
Oy vey.

Isn't Christian Science an oxymoron anyway?

I visited CS servces off and on for a number of years, and found them far more boring than any other religious service/meeting I have ever witnessed.

Space Socks

MBTI Type
ISFJ
ah, Fungi, but more in my interest, Mycology.

The veins of the earth that carries the most vital information across the planet lives in a natural network just underneath our feet.

There is so much to appreciate in this field, yet it is still so misunderstood and underestimated by just about everyone I mention this to.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Bio
-Human Anatomy and Physiology
-Ecology
-Genetics
-Evolution
-Zoology
-Botany

Astronomy
-Astrophysics
-Cosmology

Meteorology
-Climatology
-Storms

Physics
-Optics
-Waves/ Electromagnetism
-Electricity

Chemistry
-Ionization energy
-Bonding
-Kinetic reactions

To name a couple.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The science of ultimate annihilation!

imgres

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Never cared for science, but probably Astronomy if I had to pick one. Space is so badass.

Porcelain Hearts

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Genetics, because it tells me my precise digital relationship with diverse creatures such as a banana and the largest animal that has ever lived and is alive today, the Blue Whale.

Genetics is a whale of a science.

I agree. Genetics define a spectrum of behavioural and molecular enigmas. It sports the foundation for psychology too.
Physics is another intense subject. I only wish I could understand it better because my math sux0rz.

Mole

Permabanned
I agree. Genetics define a spectrum of behavioural and molecular enigmas. It sports the foundation for psychology too.
Physics is another intense subject. I only wish I could understand it better because my math sux0rz.

I found I started to enjoy maths more when I started reading the Philosophy of Mathematics. I started with, "The Laws of Form", and discovered a whole library of books on the philosophy of mathematics.