• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

New study indicates that we ARE descended from neanderthals

ObliviousExistence

MBTI Type
loco
Enneagram
5W4
Chabal is a beast

here are a few cave men from football

#1 Gennaro Gattuso, a defensive midfielder for AC Milan football club, they call him Rhino
661100885_c6a50c03e9.jpg

# Muntari, he looks and behaves like a monkey
73_sm_280x390_460501a.jpg

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Chabal is a beast

here are a few cave men from football

#1 Gennaro Gattuso, a defensive midfielder for AC Milan football club, they call him Rhino
661100885_c6a50c03e9.jpg

# Muntari, he looks and behaves like a monkey
73_sm_280x390_460501a.jpg

there is no neanderthal genes in black people afaik

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
If humans did interbreed with neaderthals, I wonder which bit's of their DNA would have been preserved. Given that homo sapien lived near the equator and was spreading outwards, I suspect that the neaderthals adaptations for cold climates would have been useful to them.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
You're a Neanderthal: Genes say yes — a little bit - Yahoo! News

This should make things more interesting in the anthropological field...
It is not news to me. I knew it all along.

1. There exists bones that display the characteristics of both Cro Magnon and Neanderthal.
2. The absurd claim that we are except of Neanderthal inheritance is based solely on mother and father lines (mtdna and y-hg). As if mothers did not have sons, fathers did not have daughters.
3. They should have studied Mendel. Not Darwin. It is about how. Not about what.
4. Axiom differentiates in the axiom. It does not differentiate in the field.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
...If humans have ancestry with neanderthals, than black people will have neanderthal genes.

are you missing some information or didnt you just think about it enough before posting?

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
are you missing some information or didnt you just think about it enough before posting?

Yay, I'm not part Neanderthal! But seriously, the results are inconclusive in regards to how much genetic material Africans share with neanderthals, but from the one study it looks as if there is definitely a weaker link than with asians or europeans. If they do find it to be the case that Africans by and large don't share neanderthal genes, then it'd be a great kick in Darwin's racist ignorant ass.

Mole

Permabanned
it'd be a great kick in Darwin's racist ignorant ass.

Charles Darwin emphasised that we are all part of the tree of life, in order to counter racism.

And the sequencing of the genome shows that Charles was right, and that we all share the same digital genes of just four letters.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yay, I'm not part Neanderthal! But seriously, the results are inconclusive in regards to how much genetic material Africans share with neanderthals, but from the one study it looks as if there is definitely a weaker link than with asians or europeans. If they do find it to be the case that Africans by and large don't share neanderthal genes, then it'd be a great kick in Darwin's racist ignorant ass.

neanderthals didnt live in africa and black people didnt live outside africa. so i dont think black people share any genetic material with neanderthals

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Not surprising at all. From what i know of the topic the Neanderthals weren't as extreme as a separate species. I recall hearing that there was definite trading between Neanderthals and Cro Magnons.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
neanderthals didnt live in africa and black people didnt live outside africa. so i dont think black people share any genetic material with neanderthals

Simply considering geographic distribution, it'd be a plausible conclusion. Still inconclusive as of yet though.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You realize that the vast majority of black people in the USA and Europe have caucasian ancestry.

Even a lot of ones in African do, thanks in large part to he Arabs, but then later because of colonialists.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
You realize that the vast majority of black people in the USA and Europe have caucasian ancestry.

Even a lot of ones in African do, thanks in large part to he Arabs, but then later because of colonialists.

i meant real black people not some mixtures between black and white. and yes even 1/32th part white is a mixture

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i meant real black people not some mixtures between black and white. and yes even 1/32th part white is a mixture

Real black people?

Could you explain what that is?

As for the initial point of reference, you pretty much have to admit that soccer player probably has neanderthal genes at this point, since it's unlikely that he is some ancestrally pristine "real black person".