• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Google Buzz

Mole

Permabanned
Typology Central is also a social networking site, a bit anyway. And Google Buzz is the latest networking site. And it is connected to gmail.

What do you think of it?

nanook

a scream in a vortex
google needs to give everyone two accounts, that can be viewed in a single window. mixing private and professional (anonymous chat and shopping with your real name) is a bad idea. you can configure chat and buzz so it doesn't allow strangers to view your stuff, but i think it's only a matter of time until you make a hasty configuration error .. not everyone can fill his brain up with all the details about how all the google sub-accounts (shared items from reader, picasa) are linked and where and how and who gets to see what ....

watching their introduction right now

nanook

a scream in a vortex
yeah, it does not allow me to post anything, until i enter my full name into my profile and activate the profile option "Display my full name so I can be found in search". so, no buzz for me.

see here

Mole

Permabanned
yeah, it does not allow me to post anything, until i enter my full name into my profile and activate the profile option "Display my full name so I can be found in search". so, no buzz for me.

see here

Thank you Nanook, I always feel nervous learning something new on the internet, but you seem to be quite at home so I appreciate your help.

I want to communicate more with video and I think buzz might help me to do that.

Thanks for your help.

LucrativeSid

It seems less fluffy than Facebook, which is nice, but the problem is that I don't have contacts for my Gmail account. I rarely ever need to send someone an old fashioned email. All of my contacts are on Facebook, so how do I convince 130 people to use Buzz instead? I don't.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Right now, Twitter basically has a monopoly on micro-blogging. Google Buzz sounds interesting, and at this point, I'd support any micro-blogging platform that isn't called Twitter. Google's advantage is they have Gmail and their search engine, two things most Twitter users are using. So if they do this right, they can steal a good amount of market share.

I'm kinda thinking about ways to monetize Google Buzz too. :devil:

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
This is one of those things that's gonna be pretty hit or miss. I have a gmail account but I really don't intend to use Buzz. I think it's gonna be tough for it to catch because it doesn't have all the other social facets that facebook has (wall, PM, photos etc).

Twitter is retarded IMO (never used it btw). :jew: