• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Light Locked

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
Scientists and researchers alike are racing to find a planet that can harbor life, looking in various Galaxies, even our own. Sure, some would say that there could very likely be life outside of our Solar system, maybe even within or Solar system. But,... Because our species is very much dependent on the star we orbit, I don't think our species can function normally if we were to travel outside of our orbital range, or what Scientists call the "habitable zone". Our star has so much significance as to why we were designed the way we are, our DNA code has likely come from Sol itself. If our species were to to travel outside of our orbital range, we could very well change our DNA code sequence.

Our DNA code is frequency activated. The farther the distance from Sol the lower the frequency(light). Now, we could stand a chance on Mars, although its atmosphere is toxic to us, we could still live there, underground. Our DNA code would change, but whether it would be for the better of our species or not is unknown. We could eradicate some diseases, and maybe some viruses. However, we could also introduce our DNA to completely different, and more lethal diseases and viruses as well... Just to visit Mars physically, would have profound effects on human DNA.

All in all, we as a species are destined to live on Earth, forever. By saying that, one would conclude that we are not in heaven, nor hell.

Living in another system in OUR Galaxy is impossible, even if we had the technology to get there. Different stars emit different levels of frequency, based on their mass, age, composition, and its overall position within the multiverse as well. Well now, who is God?

I'll cut to the chase, we were created by Sol, in its image. Leaving Sol, is abandoning your creator. Without it, you're on your own!

To praise Sol would be the most logical choice!

Unless we can duplicate Sols frequency, and by succeeding that I might add, we could live anywhere!

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
This is why extra solar exploration will be far more contingent on cybernetics and biomechanical integration than it will be on rocket or propulsion technology. We will get to the point where or bodies hold us back. I'd argue we're there already. The idea of a "pure human" will become a label of ridicule. The future of humanity is that of a synthetic organism. It is only through that path will we reach the stars.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How is it that our DNA is controlled by the frequency of the sun? What the hell is Sol? Making humans more synthetic doesn't have to limit reproducablility.

On a related note, those astronauts that go up there, come back down without the ability to have children. The radiation out there beyond the Earth's atmosphere is another one of those big problems of space travel.

To get around it, we can create an atmosphere around another planet, and 'build' people. We can send usb sticks out there with DNA written on it, and then collect them, and 'construct' people under the new atmosphere. But that wont work if this frequency thing changes us or something... I don't understand it though :)

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
Where's the proof?

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Our DNA code is frequency activated. The farther the distance from Sol the lower the frequency(light).
Don't you mean amplitude, not frequency?

Sol doesn't have a "frequency". It releases visible light of almost every frequency. The difference between Sol's light and the light of say...Sirius...is the amplitude at each frequency.

Your argument is lacking in evidence.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Space travel is more significantly inhibited by a lack of Wookie copilots. When it matters, who's going to "punch it"?*

* Moral: when presented with suggestions of dodgy sun-worship, laugh.

Mole

Permabanned
Light Locked Forever

The problem is that the universe is very, very large and the speed of light is very, very slow.

And as we can't go faster than the speed of light, so from the human perspective, the universe is set in concrete.

So here we are concreted into this tiniest, of tiny corners and we will never go zooming around even our own galaxy, never mind the universe.

And because the speed of light is so slow we can't even see beyond 13.7 billion light years. We are faced, thanks to the nature of light, with an event horizon at only 13.7 billion light years. Why, even the memory of my computer is measured at 2,000 billion bits. And my brain is much larger.

And to top it all off, the universe is accelerating away from us, and all except the Milky way will pass from our sight, so we are indeed light locked, forever.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The problem is that the universe is very, very large and the speed of light is very, very slow.

And as we can't go faster than the speed of light, so from the human perspective, the universe is set in concrete.

So here we are concreted into this tiniest, of tiny corners and we will never go zooming around even our own galaxy, never mind the universe.

And because the speed of light is so slow we can't even see beyond 13.7 billion light years. We are faced, thanks to the nature of light, with an event horizon at only 13.7 billion light years. Why, even the memory of my computer is measured at 2,000 billion bits. And my brain is much larger.

And to top it all off, the universe is accelerating away from us, and all except the Milky way will pass from our sight, so we are indeed light locked, forever.

We have two space probes that have been out there for years, and have made it out of our galaxy. They aren't manned, but still, it shows that it is possible to get out there given the right amount of time (we do have a fair bit of it) and speed (which we can get from slingshoting, seeing as our speed doesn't slow down). It's only a matter of time before we reach another galaxy with our unmanned missions. It will be rather like our adventures to the moon, at one point it's unmanned, then we progress. There's nothing there to stop our progression yet.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Scientists and researchers alike are racing to find a planet that can harbor life, looking in various Galaxies, even our own. Sure, some would say that there could very likely be life outside of our Solar system, maybe even within or Solar system. But,... Because our species is very much dependent on the star we orbit, I don't think our species can function normally if we were to travel outside of our orbital range, or what Scientists call the "habitable zone". Our star has so much significance as to why we were designed the way we are, our DNA code has likely come from Sol itself. If our species were to to travel outside of our orbital range, we could very well change our DNA code sequence.

Our DNA code is frequency activated. The farther the distance from Sol the lower the frequency(light). Now, we could stand a chance on Mars, although its atmosphere is toxic to us, we could still live there, underground. Our DNA code would change, but whether it would be for the better of our species or not is unknown. We could eradicate some diseases, and maybe some viruses. However, we could also introduce our DNA to completely different, and more lethal diseases and viruses as well... Just to visit Mars physically, would have profound effects on human DNA.

All in all, we as a species are destined to live on Earth, forever. By saying that, one would conclude that we are not in heaven, nor hell.

Living in another system in OUR Galaxy is impossible, even if we had the technology to get there. Different stars emit different levels of frequency, based on their mass, age, composition, and its overall position within the multiverse as well. Well now, who is God?

I'll cut to the chase, we were created by Sol, in its image. Leaving Sol, is abandoning your creator. Without it, you're on your own!

To praise Sol would be the most logical choice!

Unless we can duplicate Sols frequency, and by succeeding that I might add, we could live anywhere!

This is exactly why I worship the sun, and only the sun. I can actually see it, and prove the miracles it performs.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
We have two space probes that have been out there for years, and have made it out of our galaxy. They aren't manned, but still, it shows that it is possible to get out there given the right amount of time (we do have a fair bit of it) and speed (which we can get from slingshoting, seeing as our speed doesn't slow down). It's only a matter of time before we reach another galaxy with our unmanned missions. It will be rather like our adventures to the moon, at one point it's unmanned, then we progress. There's nothing there to stop our progression yet.
Don't you mean solar system?

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
This is exactly why I worship the sun, and only the sun. I can actually see it, and prove the miracles it performs.

Precisely!

I've always been curious as to why some people worshiped a dead man, let alone some mystical being that knows all...Pshh.

The true reality of it all is shining upon your face, and that's as good as it gets!

Mole

Permabanned
Don't you mean solar system?

Yes, these probes haven't even left our solar system and our solar system is only the tiniest, tiny part of our galaxy, the Milky Way.

The physical problem is that no matter how fast our probes go they can never go faster than the speed of light.

And in terms of the size of the universe, light is very, very, very slow.

Of course light seems to us to go very fast but that is because in relation to the universe we are infinitesimally small.

So we are bounded by light. For instance we reach the event horizon of our part of the universe at 13.7 billion light years and we can never see beyond our event horizon.

And worse the whole universe is rushing away from us, not only at enormous speed, but that speed is accelerating. And in billions of years all of the universe, except our Milky Way, will pass beyond our event horizon.

So light enables us to see our part of the universe at present, but eventually light will hide almost all of the universe from us.

What an interesting paradox for our universe is not only strange but stranger then we can imagine.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
I don't think it's as crazy as it sounds, although I wouldn't word this the way you have in the OP...

There might be something endogenous about us that is epigenetically activated/expressed due to sunlight. But again, what mechanism would that be? we ingest our food, not get it from the sun, so what about the sun's particular illuminant alters our genetic expression? How?

We could easily replicate the Sun's illuminant, I'm sure..... well maybe not EASILY, but we have plenty of devices that could come together to produce the sun's particular juicy cocktail of electromagnetic radiation. QUESTION: would we want to throw X-rays and UV light in there, too, just for completeness sake? :p

I think a good research experiment about the sun epigenetically alterting phenotype could be done on underground/water animals, maybe even worms n such etc, see what happens to them as they bask in the sun's light and do the converse with typical surface dwelling animals like Birds. See what happens to each. The problem is that it's not their natural evironment, so environmental SHOCK Factor would confound the genetic alterations I would think.