• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Prevalence of Sensors on Twitter

dnivera

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Agree or disagree? I think N's, especially strong ones, would not be interested in the mundane details of daily life that get tweeted on Twitter. For example: they wouldn't care too much about what you ate for breakfast, the fact that you're going to the doctor's office right now, or the contents of your purse.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
lol...nobody cares about that stuff.

I swear not all Ss are that easily amused (well I am, but not by that stuff)

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
rhinosaur can't wait to get home to watch Lost!

Yesterday I lost count of how many people had something similar to the above status. No, I don't care about "Lost," and I would rather see a really interesting update than a mundane one, but I do get something out of reading those kinds of updates. You get to know a person better from stuff like that, no matter how mundane. It gives you an idea of what they care about and how they spend their day.

My own updates are always really interesting, of course. ;)

JTG1984

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Make me want to rip my hair out when I read those kinds of things on Facebook.

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Facebook status updates always make me think of that Roz Chast cartoon entitled "Diary of a Cat." It was filled with entries like "Slept today. Ate food. Yum!" and "Ate. Slept. Ate some more." and "Napped in sun. Ate. Chased string. Fun."

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Elaur uses it as a free place to save information she might otherwise forget.

I think twitter is also about status - who responds to you and stuff? I think N's can get into the status kick. Also, being an attention whore isn't something only S's do. You can also use it for drumming up business, and not just S's are into doing that, either.

I'm not really sure since I don't use it "correctly."

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
couldn't N's get interested in posting their ideas and thought processes on twitter? like a sort of running log of their mind.
i don't know, i have never read twitter stuff though.

RiderOnTheStorm

E. N.. T... :P
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Elaur uses it as a free place to save information she might otherwise forget.

I do this too.

My account is set to private and I could give a shit less about how many followers I have. Everyone that matters, does.

I also use it as a place to vent my frustrations and or thoughts which usually come out in the form of a song lyric. And to communicate with my siblings and friends simultaneously. They do the same.

I follow the local radio stations for giveaways and upcoming concerts, the APD for updates on accidents as soon as they happen. Which has proven to be helpful.

Honestly, I kinda get off on the little things people post. It's the little things that tell me a lot about a person.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
couldn't N's get interested in posting their ideas and thought processes on twitter? like a sort of running log of their mind.

I really like this idea.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper

I typically post bizarre observations, horrendous puns, a lyric or quote I like, jokes, or whatever. I'll rarely just post something that I'm doing and not offer an interesting [in my mind] tidbit. So in a sense, I kind of use it like a dumping ground for the random thoughts I have on a daily basis.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Many people don't even use Twitter for things like "I took a bath today" or "I just ate lunch" or something like that. It's used for advertising, posting pictures, videos, and there are more interesting aspects to Twitter.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Trains of thought that last no longer than 140 characters? It was a match made in Heaven.

Only the best minds can fit meaningful information in a couple lines, N or S. That's how we get famous "quotes". But... those people aren't on Twitter.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Most of my friends tweet garbage. I agree with NewEra though. Twitter is a really powerful tool, especially in things like Journalism.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Agree or disagree? I think N's, especially strong ones, would not be interested in the mundane details of daily life that get tweeted on Twitter. For example: they wouldn't care too much about what you ate for breakfast, the fact that you're going to the doctor's office right now, or the contents of your purse.

kind of agree, but much bigger than the OP.. I think N's and S type use digital media differenetly.

Take this forum, there is a massvie skew to N types, and I get the impression subject specific chat rooms are N dominant.... possibly quirky subjects - but I do think there is an N dominance...

S types use media differently.... twitter is possibly S domiant....

It would be interesting to see how it would test. I have a feeling early adpoters of online shoping, banking etc would all show differences...

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
what you ate for breakfast, the fact that you're going to the doctor's office right now, or the contents of your purse.

Sounds like the average conversation on INTPc.:D

MBTI Type
ENTP
twitter is yet another example of a service that's hated because of the people who use it. if anything, Ns are more likely to originate the concept of using twitter beyond status updates.

i use it. i can blog by txt. :D

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I dont use twitter for two reasons: 1: I don't know anyone else who uses it, and 2: I would only use it if I had a cellphone that could quickly connect to it. I never use it if I have to go to a computer to check it. To me, twitter is a way to get real-time information anywhere, not another email. It's like a mini-blog for RIGHT NOW which is more useful for me, since my memory falls apart fairly quickly. The blogs I start tend to fall apart because I forget to post something in them. Twitter doesn't take much investment.

I think it isn't S versus N, but E versus I that uses twitter. Extraverts are out running around living life and want more information about it.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I think it isn't S versus N, but E versus I that uses twitter. Extraverts are out running around living life and want more information about it.

Yep, I thought the same thing. Many people who type themselve as ENXX have "twitteresque" conversations, it's just like, filling a space when nothing else is going on, or something.

Loxias

MBTI Type
INxj
Enneagram
4w5
Twitter is a good reflection of the attention disorder suffering culture of superificiality that we live in.
Don't take me wrong, I think being able to carry the complex concisely is a very important thing.
But 140 characters is just too short a limit to convey ideas properly. People will end up only sharing the most trite and trivial through it. Stuff hardly anyone (S or N) would ever care about knowing if the need hadn't been created by the website.

This website panders to the lowest common denominator among people, pulling them down instead of pushing them above superficiality.
Saying Ss would get their kick out of it more than Ns is insulting to them.

Also the idea of having a more or less important status on something as superficial as twitter sounds pointless to me.