• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

CNC lathe

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Look at that @intp lol :D

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6drMZqmyXQc"].[/YOUTUBE]

I found out the most cheapest way to get a good quality mill is the PROXXON MF70 reassembled with 3 steppers and computer interface for 800 Euro.

But thats still too much and my girlfriend would kill me, so I am gonna build a thing like the macgyver above :D

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You'll need to be able to program PLC, too, entropie :p
I helped repair a big CNC machine once. It was pretty hard. In the end, they brought up some parts and a techie from Germany who did all the complicated stuff.
The whole story, just some box full of wires and relays, cost like 20000€.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Ya, I had that discussion earlier with intp. I dont want to build a 20 k thing, just 3 steppers and a dremel drill glued onto it :D. That thing just have to help me make some parts out of aluminium so i can build my robots.

I havent dug deep enough into the electronics yet, but building stepper controls and a control logic with AVR chips I already have for my robots. Soldering a computer card tho, that will be real fun :D

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's going to be interesting to see if you can build a CNC machine out of a dremel and glue :D
Programming PLC is a piece of cake, though. I have more or less forgot how to do it, but I learned it really quickly back in the day.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Yap gonna be a challenge that will take some time, I am sure. I have nearly none practical skills in working on metal but from the tutorial above it looks like you only need to drill some holes and I think after the 6th drilling head I'll find out which one is the one for metal :D.

But I'll start with the things I know so far and plan the whole thing in CAD, gonna see what happens then :D.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Look at that @intp lol :D

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6drMZqmyXQc"].[/YOUTUBE]

I found out the most cheapest way to get a good quality mill is the PROXXON MF70 reassembled with 3 steppers and computer interface for 800 Euro.

But thats still too much and my girlfriend would kill me, so I am gonna build a thing like the macgyver above :D

lol how do you control that thing with a computer?

cnc = computerized numerical control

enyway, imo just make normal non cnc machine like that. just build it so that you can put stoppers in the rails

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram