• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why Bomb the moon?

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I don't know about you, but I've quite frankly had enough of tides. Make a decision already, high or low. And I'd like a more chaotic and exaggerated axis precession. Mix it up a bit.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
I don't know about you, but I've quite frankly had enough of tides. Make a decision already, high or low. And I'd like a more chaotic and exaggerated axis precession. Mix it up a bit.

I agree. And the regular waning and waxing is getting pretty tedious.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Man, the mole people just under the moon's surface are gonna be pretty pissed off about this...

Silly_Siren

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
But... but... it will screw up Astrology. :cry:

I know! Now that they can't apply rigorous empirical studies, the newspapers might have to resort to making horoscopes up but making them ambiguous so it's hard for them to be necessarily wrong! I don't want to live in a world of unrealistic astrology, it's the only science left!

Also, I want some moon ice to put in my moon lemonade. I don't care how many bombs we have to drop.

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
The Moon has had it too good for too long and has been talking a lot of shit.

That video was pretty disappointing, at least it has the obligatory scene where the NASA scientists cheer. I bet the guy with the beard is an INTP.

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
I was told the Moon was getting too close for comfort, so it was an attempt to correct its orbit... Hey, the Moon was Planet X this whole time...:doh:

Liminality

MBTI Type
ISFx
Enneagram
6w7
Yup, economy = bad = Several few hundred milion space craft GO!

And those poor mole people...

sculpting

rockets going 5600 mph getting slammed into the moon? Really? WTF?

This sounds like the start of some terrible end of the world movie. They-meaning the unattended NTPs-get this crazy ass idea and then write a very Ti detailed grant to go play with really expensive toys. Its like mythbusters on steroids.

I bet they had timelines, and schedules, and detailed plans. And then laughed thier asses off behind closed doors at the fact that somebody, somewhere thought this was a GREAT idea.

NEVER leave NTPs unattended. They will end up detroying the planet just to make sure they really could.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
this thread demonstrates why i don't bother to explain my science to anyone.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This thread's only reminding my of the questions in the Tornado FAQ I read awhile back.

...a lot of people often wonder if we can/should try to bomb tornadoes.

Some things are simply unneccessary.
I fear we've watched too many action movies.

..jus' sayin.:D

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
In the immortal words of Nelson Muntz - "nuke the whales... because, hey, you gotta nuke something"

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I respond: Why shouldn't we bomb the moon?

And don't give answers about bull-scheisse like Astrology.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
The moon gets hit with shit all the time. It has no atmospheric protection. What we did was relatively small compared to what happens naturally. And it was to find life sustaining resources that could aid our survival and evolution. So, keep banging away, I say. I would love to detonate something on the moon.

EDIT: That being said, anything we put on the moon would be in danger of destruction by meteoric impact.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
As an inhabitant of the moon, the owner of a moon, and a moon myself, I object to this outrage.