• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why Bomb the moon?

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
The moon gets hit with shit all the time. It has no atmospheric protection. What we did was relatively small compared to what happens naturally. And it was to find life sustaining resources that could aid our survival and evolution. So, keep banging away, I say. I would love to detonate something on the moon.

EDIT: That being said, anything we put on the moon would be in danger of destruction by meteoric impact.

That's why you put a base UNDER the moon. Doy! :D

Kangol

MBTI Type
INTP
Wall-E?

I'm not one to believe in conspiracy theories, but I wonder if there is one yet that is looking into the idea that, maybe, space exploration is being pushed to what looks like absurd lengths because there are a select group (and their lineage) who want an escape route in case the world goes to shit. Sounds like a movie plot.

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
I think the moon has leeched off the earth's gravity for far too long, its time for that freeloader to find an orbit of its own.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
The moon is so boring. We should blow it up for a fun explosion.

wolfy

awsm
The only good reason I can think for bombing the moon would be to mine it for cheese. Cheese for my crackers.

dotdalidot

MBTI Type
UFO
Bombing the moon? But what about all the poor alien families that would be lost in such a catastrophe? Think of the aliens! They have a future too. :cry: