• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

GΣΣks Untie!! Gimmie some skin!

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Okay I'm drawing a blank with Haight's challenge.

Anyone reading this here thread know how to make skins for vBulletin forums?

I'm hoping that there's a tool which can reduce the job down to picking options but I'm guessing this may be a style sheet job, which I've only had experience of altering parameters on my Wordpress blog.

Anyhow, any help would be most appreciated.

Tanks.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Okay I'm drawing a blank with Haight's challenge.

Anyone reading this here thread know how to make skins for vBulletin forums?

I'm hoping that there's a tool which can reduce the job down to picking options but I'm guessing this may be a style sheet job, which I've only had experience of altering parameters on my Wordpress blog.

Anyhow, any help would be most appreciated.

Tanks.

It is a stylesheet job, alright. I was able to create the kind of effect I'd want in a skin by changing the colors around on a saved forum page by messing with the CSS parameters. But I wouldn't know how to make that into a skin from there. I wonder if anyone knows more about that?

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I guess you have tried Google?
I couldn't find much for vB 3.7.3, either.
Seems to be a lot of things available for 3.8, though.
There's no chance of upgrading from 3.7.3 to 3.8?

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
It is a stylesheet job, alright. I was able to create the kind of effect I'd want in a skin by changing the colors around on a saved forum page by messing with the CSS parameters. But I wouldn't know how to make that into a skin from there. I wonder if anyone knows more about that?
Hmm I wonder if Haight can get me the files for here so I can mod them accordingly? Sort of get this skin and rehash it...
I guess you have tried Google?
I couldn't find much for vB 3.7.3, either.
Seems to be a lot of things available for 3.8, though.
There's no chance of upgrading from 3.7.3 to 3.8?
You found something? I found nothing of use when I looked, just a bunch of forum posts talking jargon... and I HATE jargon...

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Hmm I wonder if Haight can get me the files for here so I can mod them accordingly? Sort of get this skin and rehash it...
You could PM spirilis about that. I'm sure he'd help you out.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
You could PM spirilis about that. I'm sure he'd help you out.
Rgr. I'll give this independence thing a go first... not that such was predictable form me... ooo noo... :whistling:
Ta. I didn't think of using someone else's skin... no idea why.

I'll see what I can come up with, some of those guys are obviously suffering from a lack of cones...

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Almost. But you can't even download the skins here unless you're a registered vBulletin user. And most of the skins on other sites require you to pay money (AFAIK). This is probably why almost no one has created any skins yet, and the ones who do charge for them...

<insert nerdy rant about proprietary software here>

Is HTB still around? He apparently knew how to do it (he created a skin), though I don't know if he just bought one, had a license, or what.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Almost. But you can't even download the skins here unless you're a registered vBulletin user. And most of the skins on other sites require you to pay money (AFAIK). This is probably why almost no one has created any skins yet, and the ones who do charge for them...

<insert nerdy rant about proprietary software here>

Is HTB still around? He apparently knew how to do it (he created a skin), though I don't know if he just bought one, had a license, or what.
I actually use HTB's creation.
I prefer it over the vBulletin default.
Been using it since I got here.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I actually use HTB's creation.
I prefer it over the vBulletin default.
Been using it since I got here.

I prefer it, too.
I've been using it ever since he created it.

Still, I'm curious to see what more people can come up with. I also have an idea for one myself that I'd like to create, if I can figure out how.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I thought the title was "Geeks Unite" but I just realized it actually says Geeks UN-TIE!! :cheese:

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Ooops . . . I gave you the wrong name, Xander. :doh:
:rofl1: This is what stress does to people...

More vodka, less caffeine :newwink:
I thought the title was "Geeks Unite" but I just realized it actually says Geeks UN-TIE!! :cheese:
It was a trap for spelling nazi's but thus far I have no victims..
It did say unite. Someone changed it and added the last bit.
Me thinks your eyes play tricks on you... unless someone changed it and then changed it back or you were watching me type.... no I think even then it was untie.. you been in my brain? GET OUT!!! I need warning so I can tidy up a bit!

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
It was a trap for spelling nazi's but thus far I have no victims..

It's not incorrect, though. Untie is a correctly spelled word. As in, "In order to avoid tripping, the geeks had to untie and retie their shoelaces after the bullies tied their shoelaces together."

I just assumed you were actually warning geeks to check their shoelaces before getting up, just in case some bully tied them together.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
It's not incorrect, though. Untie is a correctly spelled word. As in, "In order to avoid tripping, the geeks had to untie and retie their shoelaces after the bullies tied their shoelaces together."

I just assumed you were actually warning geeks to check their shoelaces before getting up, just in case some bully tied them together.
I have a binary solution after your comment, either A you're the most literal person I know or B you're taking the mickey....

Either way, don't mind... just wondering..

As for the actual answer, it's often a part of 1337 speak to do such things with words. You get a common misspelling and use it instead of the real word. That's why there's special characters in there... I'm reaching out.. :D

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
As for the actual answer, it's often a part of 1337 speak to do such things with words. You get a common misspelling and use it instead of the real word. That's why there's special characters in there... I'm reaching out.. :D
Oh yeah... I was reading about that in a wiki last week...

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP

orly? I thought he was trying to get nudes from the geek chicks who wear tie halter tops.

Not that there's many who do...?