• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Need to send a 1.2 GB file, any ideas?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Anybody know a free way to send very large files over 1GB?

Thanks.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Figure out how to compress hexadecimal numbers with the probability theory.

(I tried, but failed. I could only get up to a 67% compress rate chance of 8xf to 7xf. :( )

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
yeah thanks, I tried that. none of the ideas that came up were free.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ok, bare with me, but let's go back to old dos times for an idea.

You remember the times when we had to zip games into several 1.44mb chunks in order to fit on several floppy disks while while being compressed? xD

You could use winrar or something to make a chuck rar file of let's say 10 mb files or so and send them one by one. :p

Olol.

Hey, it's an option at least.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Ahaha. Sorry, just being a pain in the butt.

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Mail it. Go retro. Only a small price to pay.

Ozz

MBTI Type
ISTJ
You don't get a progress bar but it's quicker than dial-up.

It's a publicly available high latency, high bandwidth packet switched network with selectable Quality of Service that can not only encapsulate data, but "things" as well.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Transfer Big Files Free - Send Large Files up to 1GB would be a good option if you file were even a little smaller. Can't you improve the compression or divide into more than one piece? You'd really only need to cut it into two pieces, since each file can only be 1GB. There used to be programs to divide files up so they would fit on a floppy, and I think a similar program would work for this application.

If you have a physical address, it might be easier to just burn it to a DVD and send it that way.