• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My computer is smarter in French

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I was getting tired of reading my French paper with all the squiggly green and red lines under it, so I switched the language setting to French. I still saw a couple squiggly lines under it, so I put it through spellcheck (it caught some pretty obvious mistakes), and then it spat this out at me:

Ce texte est aisément compréhensible. le vocabulaire est fouillé mais sans raretes. La complexité semantique est faible. D'un point de vue linguistique, le style est original. L'emploi de noms propres et assez réduit. Le style est enlevé, les phrases sont courtes. Les phrases ont une structuration gramaticale simplifée. Ce texte offre une équilibre entre le sujets concrets et abstraits. Le langage utilisé est efficace mais peu descriptif.

It's never spat anything so complex at me in English, and then when I looked at the stats, it had calculated twice as many as it does after an English paper.

...weird.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
The french sounds very english. You should try real french, I dont get a thing

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
The french sounds very english. You should try real french, I dont get a thing

Yes but it doesn't even do anything like that in English at all.

So maybe it's not Francophone and not an English speaker... I need to try more languages...