• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The inhumanity!!!!

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOl83Wku_rg"][YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOl83Wku_rg"][/YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

What do you honestly think of this?
Would you put a chip in your head that can be tweaked and controlled from the outside?? Quite possibly with remote control!!

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Hmm, interesting, but no. I do not want my emotions controlled via electrodes in my brain, thanks. If someone got their hands on that adjuster, they could completely devastate a person mentally merely by switching the controls back and forth until someone lost their mind. (I mean, imagine going from feeling utterly elated to feeling like you're in the deepest darkest place in your head and right back to elated in a matter of seconds. Suppose this switching went on and on for hours or days. That could truly break a person into pieces.)

But, uh, good for her if she believes her life is better off.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'd only do it if I had some serious disease that caused really low quality of life and this was the only possible way out.

I do agree that it sounds a little disconcerting.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
I think it's pretty inhumane..

Unlike a heart pace-maker, a brain pace-maker is totally different. If there are already unethical practices in the health care industry, then something like this can become easily corrupt for monetary gain.

Isn't there more of a natural, holistic, systemic approach?

I think nurture has more of an impact than nature.. .. a person's environment can easily change how they think/feel/function.

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
IP: Logged.

rolleyesx.gif

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
We are Borg. You will be assimilated, resistance is futile. ;)

Well, here's a thread I created:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/science-technology-future-tech/20585-becoming-borg.html

Ha! I TOLD you INTJs would be less likely to go for it thanks to that Fi nonsense of theirs.

Here's how I feel about it after watching the video. Quote from a Styx song:

"No fear
No pain
Never any need to worry again
More new cures
No more war
We're better off now than we were before
And the sun will always shine
You never shed a tear again
In the brave new world
You never shed a tear again
In the brave new world"

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
We are Borg. You will be assimilated, resistance is futile. ;)

Well, here's a thread I created:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/science-technology-future-tech/20585-becoming-borg.html

Ha! I TOLD you INTJs would be less likely to go for it thanks to that Fi nonsense of theirs.

wow that's such a synchronicity, I was watching something about the borg agenda yesterday, I was never a fan of star trek so I had no idea what it was all about.

Remember though, at the top of the borgs was an individual QUEEN BEE.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Remember though, at the top of the borgs was an individual QUEEN BEE.

That was a later addition for dramatic effect. Originally, the Borg were a collective consciousness. I specifically heard they added that so that people would be able to grasp and relate to the situation, precisely because the idea of a collective consciousness was too impersonal for people to comprehend or react to. So it would look like there was a single focal point.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
That was a later addition for dramatic effect. Originally, the Borg were a collective consciousness. I specifically heard they added that so that people would be able to grasp and relate to the situation, precisely because the idea of a collective consciousness was too impersonal for people to comprehend or react to. So it would look like there was a single focal point.

It was probably more symbolic of the "hive mind" being a lie, and that the worker drones were nothing but slaves, controlled by a power hungry individual Queen Bee. Their collective consciousness is just their means of communication, not a heightened ability to make wiser decisions using the collective wisdom of their society. Because the true decisions were being made by their ruler.

In other words, it's a reflection of our own society, and the lie we have been sold that we live in a democratic society.

LEVINA

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
This is offtopic, but I love that white hair-ed japanese professor dude! He's hilarious.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
It was probably more symbolic of the "hive mind" being a lie, and that the worker drones were nothing but slaves, controlled by a power hungry individual Queen Bee. Their collective consciousness is just their means of communication, not a heightened ability to make wiser decisions using the collective wisdom of their society. Because the true decisions were being made by their ruler.

In other words, it's a reflection of our own society, and the lie we have been sold that we live in a democratic society.

Well at least its better than being real peasants in a MONARCHAL society, don't you think?

We get to be ROBOpeasants in a corrupted democratic capitalist society! I think it's a step up.