• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

UFOs ?

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I agree with Vince. The idea that we are alone is something perpetuated by religion and the concept that we are somehow the chosen ones. I'd say it is more than likely that there are other intelligent lifeforms in the universe. Whether we'll ever meet them, I don't know.

I don't think it takes blind faith either. Where else in science do we study and understand a process then assume that it is locally unique and can occur nowhere else in the universe? Do all other planets and systems contain different elements and not the common ones we are made from? Do none of them have weather patterns or oceans? I wouldn't be surprised if they find simple lifeforms like bacteria on Mars, or at least somewhere else in our solar system.

Mole

Permabanned
chances of lifeforms "visiting" us is an entirely different matter.

Gene sequencing has shown us so far that all life on Earth is part of the same tree.

If life arose easily and spontaneously, we would expect there to be many trees of life on Earth. But so far, there is only one.

In other words if there is alien life, it would have arisen first here on Earth. But as far as we know, it didn't.

And on top of this, there is no evidence of alien life anywhere else in the Universe.

So if you wish to continue to believe in alien life, you must do so against the evidence.

And this is only evidence of blind faith.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Gene sequencing has shown us so far that all life on Earth is part of the same tree.

If life arose easily and spontaneously, we would expect there to be many trees of life on Earth. But so far, there is only one.

In other words if there is alien life, it would have arisen first here on Earth. But as far as we know, it didn't.

And on top of this, there is no evidence of alien life anywhere else in the Universe.

So if you wish to continue to believe in alien life, you must do so against the evidence.

And this is only evidence of blind faith.

Vic.. did you know that mankind still hasn't explored 27% of the earth's land surface and 97% of the ocean's floors?.. What I am saying is.. we don't even know what's going on our own planet but you are going to tell me you know for sure what's going on in the rest of the galaxy , let alone the universe??

We exist right? So whatever the odds are of us existing, no matter how astronomical they are .. we have beaten them.. Now, if the universe is infinite, then sooner or later those odds will repeat. which if you give that concept deep thought.. not only does life exist elsewhere.. But YOU exist elsewhere too.
Think hard before you answer..:D

Mole

Permabanned
Vic.. did you know that mankind still hasn't explored 27% of the earth's land surface and 97% of the ocean's floors.. What I am saying is.. we don't even know what's going on our own planet but you are going to tell me you know for sure what's going on in the rest of the galaxy , let alone the universe??

We exist right? So whatever the odds are of us existing, no matter how astronomical they are .. we have beaten them.. Now, if the universe is infinite, then sooner or later those odds will repeat. which if you give that concept deep thought.. not only does life exist elsewhere.. But YOU exist elsewhere too.
Think hard before you answer..:D

Well No Exit you are right - we simply don't know.

It may be tomorrow we discover through gene sequencing another tree of life on Earth. Or through astronomy we may discover evidence of alien life.

But so far the evidence is zero.

And of course we do base belief on zero evidence, such as the belief in Zeus, Poseidon, the Trinity or Allah.

There seems to be no reason not to add alien life to these beliefs.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
If we have no evidence, we can say, we don't know.

So if agnostics say, we don't know if there is alien life, then that seems reasonable.
We don't know. We don't have the tools to even begin looking for evidence yet, really, so there isn't any way to know. All anyone can do is speculate.

Mole

Permabanned
We don't know. We don't have the tools to even begin looking for evidence yet, really, so there isn't any way to know. All anyone can do is speculate.

Well, gene sequencing is an excellent way to look for alien life on Earth.

And we can expect to find alien life in bacteria or one celled animals.

But so far, every gene we have sequenced has belonged to the one tree of life.

And there are vast species of bacteria that we haven't sequenced. And so far there is no large project to look for alien life on Earth.

So far all life on Earth shares the same DNA whether it is a banana or you. But if we find something with a different DNA then we have found alien life on Earth.

And it would mean that this alien life began on Earth along with us.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Well, gene sequencing is an excellent way to look for alien life on Earth.

And we can expect to find alien life in bacteria or one celled animals.

But so far, every gene we have sequenced has belonged to the one tree of life.

And there are vast species of bacteria that we haven't sequenced. And so far there is no large project to look for alien life on Earth.

So far all life on Earth shares the same DNA whether it is a banana or you. But if we find something with a different DNA then we have found alien life on Earth.

And it would mean that this alien life began on Earth along with us.
I'm sorry, but that's just silly.

Mole

Permabanned
I'm sorry, but that's just silly.

Look Cafe, I happen to know you haven't had your genes sequenced, so for all we know you may be alien life.

Of course this is very unlikely and it is more likely alien life exists among bacteria. But we can't entirely rule you out. In fact looking at your cast of eye, I seem to detect an alien glint.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Look Cafe, I happen to know you haven't had your genes sequenced, so for all we know you may be alien life.

Of course this is very unlikely and it is more likely alien life exists among bacteria. But we can't entirely rule you out. In fact looking at your cast of eye, I seem to detect an alien glint.

LOL.. You are a funny man Vic.. I like you because you are entertaining and different..

I am pretty sure Cafe is an INFJ.. So.. you might have finally made a valid point.. since we all know INFJs aren't quite human.. :laugh:

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1

LOL. It would explain a thing or two. Sadly, if so, I am not from Krypton. It would have been nice to be able to disguise myself by combing my hair differently and putting on a pair of ugly glasses. :yes:

vince

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w

No one said it arose easily & I for one certainly do not expect to find more than one "tree of life" on this planet.
Neither did anyone say there is evidence of alien life. If you do the math it's just immensely more likely.

Now by all means continue the sideshow, it's very amusing :D No offense.

Munchies

MBTI Type
XNXP
Enneagram
OMG
Instinctual Variant
sx
to beleive we are being visited by ufos is foolish, to not beleive is still just as foolish.

everything is possible and without proof you cant deny or say it is true.........

although i think if there was a technology available to repel gravity like a magnet, then the idea of ufos wouldnt be too farfetched

Munchies

MBTI Type
XNXP
Enneagram
OMG
Instinctual Variant
sx
So Munchies, do you have an open mind about Zeus or Poseidon?
this is different.... you try to turn the tables but ignore my arguement so try harder
there is no proof to prove ufos true or false, but it is still plausible. Zeus and all of the greek gods are man made religion that defies proven science so...

for too long people use your kind of arguements lmao, why dont you argue with what i have to say, rather than trying to turn the metaphorical tables on what i said that is a completly different scenerio on what i said.

dont reply your logic doesnt interest me

vince

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w
to beleive we are being visited by ufos is foolish, to not beleive is still just as foolish.

everything is possible and without proof you cant deny or say it is true.........

although i think if there was a technology available to repel gravity like a magnet, then the idea of ufos wouldnt be too farfetched

Yeah true, and the UFO's can use the spaces in your text as a landing strip..

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It was a black triangle. I saw it as it went over my house. Big, no lights, no sound, traveling about 35-40 miles per hour. The only reason I could see it was because it was lit from below by light shining up from the city.

I would sure like to know more about it!

what city, state???!!! lol... the huge silent triangle has been "reported" across the states....at least...my TV tells me so

ObeyBunny

MBTI Type
INTJ
Many of us believe we are not the only life in the universe. But what's the deal with UFOs? Are we being visited by extra terrestrial life? What is your opinion?

I believe that life does exist on other planets, but that those alien creatures are not visiting us via UFOs.

I think that they:
  1. are not developed enough to leave their own planet’s gravity
  2. don’t know where we are and therefore don’t know where to look
  3. Don’t think that life exists beyond their own planet.
I’m optimistic about extraterrestrial life existing, but pessimistic about it ever finding us within my lifetime.

I don’t tend to believe the people who say that they’ve been abducted by aliens.