• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

UFOs ?

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm 100% sure that there is other life out there. I'm doubtful that they are visiting us, though.

By the way, this is my 666th post.

Mole

Permabanned
Chasing the Gods

I'm 100% sure that there is other life out there.

You are 100% sure without evidence. I call that blind faith.

Essentially it is a religious belief. The gods have departed from us because of our sins and gone to live in the sky. But now we have been up into the sky and even into orbit and we can't find the gods. Plainly they have departed from us once again, probably because we are destroying the environment. And they have gone to live on other planets. And so naturally we are bending every effort to discover them and even visit them in the future. But will they want to see such sinful creatures as us, or will they depart once again, perhaps into the heart of a black hole?

ObeyBunny

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm 100% sure that there is other life out there. I'm doubtful that they are visiting us, though.

I'm of the same opinion.

Life is robust. Give it radiation, change it’s climate, feed it salt water- and life will eventually adapt to suit whatever you have thrown it’s way. Life has to exist on other planets because it will cling to what ever resources you give it. You just have to worry about getting it started.

By the way, this is my 666th post.
You should have done something evil for your 666th post.:devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::yes:

Geno

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
You are 100% sure without evidence. I call that blind faith.

Essentially it is a religious belief. The gods have departed from us because of our sins and gone to live in the sky. But now we have been up into the sky and even into orbit and we can't find the gods. Plainly they have departed from us once again, probably because we are destroying the environment. And they have gone to live on other planets. And so naturally we are bending every effort to discover them and even visit them in the future. But will they want to see such sinful creatures as us, or will they depart once again, perhaps into the heart of a black hole?

So call you are calling aliens blind faith? No. No.

The existence of aliens is just chance. Its the Gamblers fallacy. Just because it has a high chance of happening does not mean it is bound to happy.

I for one believe in aliens. But I am doubtful they are here.

If I was alien I would be disgusted with this planet if I found it and move on. Why would I want to come visit these creatures if there doomed and are destroying a beautiful planet. I would either leave or sit back and observe.

My conspiracy theory!: Aliens created us to watch how life develops. They used and created us as an experiment to see how life works. And they have been able to watch us because time moves differently on their planet. (this has no scientific basis what so ever :D)

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Not to point out the obvious, but Victor was focussing on the 100% part. Obviously it was a figure of speech, but he has a point. Be 99.99999% sure, but unless you've seen one or have any evidence, you don't call 100% based on statistics, because that is blind faith.

Geno

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Not to point out the obvious, but Victor was focussing on the 100% part. Obviously it was a figure of speech, but he has a point. Be 99.99999% sure, but unless you've seen one or have any evidence, you don't call 100% based on statistics, because that is blind faith.

I am pretty sure 100% was also a figure of speech. So.....?

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA

I am pretty sure 100% was also a figure of speech. So.....?

Just clarifying and backing up Victor. Maybe it comes from being a physicist, maybe an NF, but I also had a cringe at the 100% statement, figure of speech or not. I think we're in agreement anyway, going by the second line of your post.

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
It puzzles me why people don't believe in alien. Yet, they worship one every sunday. Hello, GOD is not from this planet, therefore an alien :doh:.