• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Theory of Teleportation: A Theory of Movement

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've come up with a theory that may prove teleportation. It's a basis of movement.
It should work if you zoom in to ∞ accuracy. The particles would move by teleporting from one space to the next. I understand that you could add volume where it would be 1*10^-∞.

But what if there is a certain point that ≠ ∞ where the particles teleport from one space to the next.
As some of us know, atoms are made of hadrons which are made of quarks which should be made of energy. Now what if the energy particles or what they consist of (maybe dimensions) move from a space to another space by teleportation.

If the theory is correct then the particles would not be of a spherical shape but a shape in which they can only teleport without leaving spaces in between. example: cube or cuboid.
I still haven't figured the whole thing out yet but any help would be appreciated.

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
I'll bite. I'm not completely up to speed on the subtleties of quantum mechanics, but is what you're describing related to quantum tunneling? (I'm doubting this as you speaking about matter being reverted to energy and then back to it's original state)

I'm partial to string theory after reading "An Elegant Universe" (I strongly suggest giving it a look if you're into this sort of thing) I'm more inclined to believe matter isn't built off point-based particles...

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I've come up with a theory that may prove teleportation. It's a basis of movement.
It should work if you zoom in to ∞ accuracy. The particles would move by teleporting from one space to the next. I understand that you could add volume where it would be 1*10^-∞.

But what if there is a certain point that ≠ ∞ where the particles teleport from one space to the next.
As some of us know, atoms are made of hadrons which are made of quarks which should be made of energy. Now what if the energy particles or what they consist of (maybe dimensions) move from a space to another space by teleportation.

If the theory is correct then the particles would not be of a spherical shape but a shape in which they can only teleport without leaving spaces in between. example: cube or cuboid.
I still haven't figured the whole thing out yet but any help would be appreciated.

Because of the bolded, I'm assuming you subscribe to String Theory. However, are you talking about instantaneous [FTL?] teleportation, or are you obeying general relatively sub-light laws?

Teleportation of I think photons has been done already. Has to do with entanglement.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Photons have been done at Caltech, and recently, info stored in a laser beam has been teleported into an atom cloud in Denmark, but I'm sure you guys already know this. I'm just not certain that it wasn't replication. Heisenberg has a point.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'll bite. I'm not completely up to speed on the subtleties of quantum mechanics, but is what you're describing related to quantum tunneling? (I'm doubting this as you speaking about matter being reverted to energy and then back to it's original state)

I'm partial to string theory after reading "An Elegant Universe" (I strongly suggest giving it a look if you're into this sort of thing) I'm more inclined to believe matter isn't built off point-based particles...
It is not related to quantum tunneling. I am just trying to find the ultimate source for movement.

I am fully aware of the the string theory and yes, point based particles is probably not what matter in built off on. But again, this is doesn't go against my theory.
The string vibrates which means it's moving. If we zoom into a section of the 'string' how would that section move to the next point.

Because of the bolded, I'm assuming you subscribe to String Theory. However, are you talking about instantaneous [FTL?] teleportation, or are you obeying general relatively sub-light laws?

Teleportation of I think photons has been done already. Has to do with entanglement.
What I'm trying to do is use mainstream physics do determine that if you zoom in to ∞ accuracy matter teleports and whether or not it works when zoom in accuracy ≠∞. I'm not yet coming to deductions on how they teleport which as you stated could be FTL or otherwise.
Yes photon teleportation has been done already but it wasn't the photon itself that was teleported. It was the information. What I'm trying to figure out is the basis of movement. How does the strings physically move? If you see it deep down how would movement work?

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
It is not related to quantum tunneling. I am just trying to find the ultimate source for movement.

I am fully aware of the the string theory and yes, point based particles is probably not what matter in built off on. But again, this is doesn't go against my theory.
The string vibrates which means it's moving. If we zoom into a section of the 'string' how would that section move to the next point.

What I'm trying to do is use mainstream physics do determine that if you zoom in to ∞ accuracy matter teleports and whether or not it works when zoom in accuracy ≠∞. I'm not yet coming to deductions on how they teleport which as you stated could be FTL or otherwise.
Yes photon teleportation has been done already but it wasn't the photon itself that was teleported. It was the information. What I'm trying to figure out is the basis of movement. How does the strings physically move? If you see it deep down how would movement work?

Hmmm, according to scientist, from my understanding, string vibrates and depending on the frequency is what determines its characterestics. I'm guessing that the reason photon has the habbit of jumping around and appearing everywhere is because of the strings (which what its made of) slipping in and out of dimentions.

Strings could have a differently law then photon as well. Since the general census is that general relativity fails at predicting quantum phenomenon. At the same time, we don't have the equipment to look into objects the size of a quanta, and strings are even smaller!! For all we know, there might be another fundamental force governing things at that level.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Photons have been done at Caltech, and recently, info stored in a laser beam has been teleported into an atom cloud in Denmark, but I'm sure you guys already know this. I'm just not certain that it wasn't replication. Heisenberg has a point.

I don't think the OP is talking about this, but I've heard about these things and am quite excited to see what comes of it.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I don't think the OP is talking about this, but I've heard about these things and am quite excited to see what comes of it.

So, what do you think he's talking about?

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So, what do you think he's talking about?

The actual partical is moving (blinking out then back in), not being replicated on the other end which is what happens in quantum entanglement.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
yeah well, the whole thing is about the structure of space time, wether discret or not. That's kind of a basic thought one has when thinking about movement and time. I mean, the planck scale was probably the first exercice going toward that logically speaking

But there's no data.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Awfully sorry about bringing back my old thread. I'd just thought of an easier way to explain things.
To put my theory in simpler terms I'm saying that movement might be digital instead of analog when you look at it at the most extreme terms. Zooming into the particle at 1*10^∞ it would be digital. I am saying that perhaps everything that is analog is digital to an ultimate extreme. And therefore a particle teleports from one place to another as it is digital.
I am looking at it at a perspective of how analog exists. I'm thinking that it makes a bit of sense that analog exists as a complex variation of digital.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6

Are you saying that on an infinitely small scale, particles would appear to be hopping from point A to point B without actually undergoing any movement in the area between A and B? And are you saying this is true because the space between A and B is infinitely small? If that's what you're saying, then your theory is kind of teleportation based on semantics rather than teleportation based on the physical behavior of teleported particles. Maybe I don't understand your theory though...

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^read my last post

Mole

Permabanned
We never notice what is under our noses. For we already teleport and we call it the telegraph, the telephone and the television.

The prefix, "tele", gives them away. They actually exist and we take them for granted. But we much prefer a non existent superstition.

Why are superstitions like astrology, MBTI and teleportation so popular? The reality seems to me far more interesting than the superstition.

And to understand the wonderful nature of the telegraph, the telephone and the television, all we need to do is read an original work of genius called, "Understanding Media", by Marshall McLuhan.

Last edited:

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ But that's not teleportation. That's just a number of different conversions of energies moving from one place to another. I'm talking about how movement exists.

Are you saying that on an infinitely small scale, particles would appear to be hopping from point A to point B without actually undergoing any movement in the area between A and B?
Yes
And are you saying this is true because the space between A and B is infinitely small?
No, I'm saying how is it possible for analog to be analog? My theory states that analog exists as a digital entity which would make more sense. How is it possible for something to move from point A to point B?
If that's what you're saying, then your theory is kind of teleportation based on semantics rather than teleportation based on the physical behavior of teleported particles.
Yes, perhaps

This is just a theory. I wish to know how movement exists. I'm sharing it to see other's views on the matter.

Mole

Permabanned
^ But that's not teleportation.

That's true at the literal level but if we move up one metaphorical level, we can see that the telegraph teleports text, the telephone teleports voice, and the television teleports vision.

But what you're interested in how a quantum particle moves. And the answer is that we can describe mathematically, to ten decimal places, how a quantum particle moves. But we cannot understand it.

And that is because we don't live in the quantum world. We live in the middle between the smallest something can be - a quantum - and the largest something can be - the universe.

So we intuitively understand things in the middle but not at either end.

To understand the smallest and the largest we need to be counter-intuitive and use mathematics.

Of course all the time our intuitive minds will be trying to understand the counter-intuitive, intuitively. And it can't be done.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So we intuitively understand things in the middle but not at either end.

If we assumed we only need mathematics to measure the largest and the smallest (because we know everything else "intuitively"), Jerusalem would still be the center of the globe, and Jörmungardr would guard the borders of a flat Earth.

Don't mix science with metaphories.

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
For example, the computing-encoding of the entire contents of a human body would require 10 to the 28th (the number one followed by 28 zeroes) kilobytes of computer storage capacity. It would take 100 quintillion of the world's best commercially available hard drives "to store the encoded information of just one human being."

Also, "it will take more than 2,400 times the present age of the universe (about 13 billion years) to access this amount of data" from the computers, Davis writes. And "to heat up and dematerialize one human being would require . .. the energy equivalent of 330 one-megaton thermonuclear bombs."

From: Military examines 'beaming up' data, people / Critics say its extreme computing, energy needs keep teleportation unlikely for now

Looks like there's a bit of work to be done.