• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Theory of Teleportation: A Theory of Movement

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Hmmm... Yes I see... Yes. Great scot! All we have to do is hit 88mph and then we can time travel! I am SO going back in time to wedgie the principal. Then... Hover boards...

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Really, now? I think we're already there, imho. I actually managed to teleport my cat yesterday. I just have no idea where I set her final destination. Whoops...

Defenestration is not teleporting.

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
Really, now? I think we're already there, imho. I actually managed to teleport my cat yesterday. I just have no idea where I set her final destination. Whoops...

Whoops.

It just ended up your arse.

Happy teleportations to you.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Whoops.

It just ended up your arse.

Happy teleportations to you.

Hey now, just because my ass smells like cat piss doesn't mean there's a cat up there. Believe me, I checked! Rather than being a vulgar dickwad, why don't you turn your intellect to a more productive direction and offer some of your profound insight toward the "making tesla's ass smell better" cause? There's a mental donation bucket seated outside your local convenient store. You won't even need to find your car keys; just teleport there!

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
Hey now, just because my ass smells like cat piss doesn't mean there's a cat up there. Believe me, I checked! Rather than being a vulgar dickwad, why don't you turn your intellect to a more productive direction and offer some of your profound insight toward the "making tesla's ass smell better" cause? There's a mental donation bucket seated outside your local convenient store. You won't even need to find your car keys; just teleport there!

Don't be a smartass.

It suits you too much.

Defy convention.

Fuckwad.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Would you?

Learn English first. Speak it later.

Yes, massuh. Right away, massuh. But when in that process am I allowed to start typing it?

Seriously, that was kind of a low blow. Why don't we start contributing to threads again rather than wasting so much time insulting each other? We can start our own thread for that, k? So, how about that there entanglement thing. Pretty trippy if ya ask me...

ygolo

My termites win
Quantized Space

If you want to dig through it, there is an old physics forums thread on Quantized Space. The contributers seemed quite knowledgeable (the content is over my head, but I dig into it from time to time).

Quantized Space

As near as I can tell (based on this abstract) the proposed test of Smolin's claim is still a proposal....or based on this abstract, work has begun. Like I said, this stuff is above my head.

Note:If you search for Lee Smolin and Loop Quantum Gravity, you will find a LOT of harsh opinions...I am not sure what to make of this. (String Theory and Quantum Gravity people arguing with each other, I guess)

The wikipedia article says it lacks input from experts, and the next link down in the google search is a tutorial put together by Carlo Rovelli. (This is also above my head, but it seems like something understandable with some patience and a lot of time).

Loop Quantum Gravity

Jaguar

The prefix, "tele", gives them away. They actually exist and we take them for granted. But we much prefer a non existent superstition.

Why are superstitions like astrology, MBTI and teleportation so popular? The reality seems to me far more interesting than the superstition.

I'm just sitting here cruising along reading this thread, and then this jumps out at me and I can't stop laughing.

LEGERdeMAIN

I've come up with a theory that may prove teleportation. It's a basis of movement.
It should work if you zoom in to ∞ accuracy. The particles would move by teleporting from one space to the next. I understand that you could add volume where it would be 1*10^-∞.

But what if there is a certain point that ≠ ∞ where the particles teleport from one space to the next.
As some of us know, atoms are made of hadrons which are made of quarks which should be made of energy. Now what if the energy particles or what they consist of (maybe dimensions) move from a space to another space by teleportation.

If the theory is correct then the particles would not be of a spherical shape but a shape in which they can only teleport without leaving spaces in between. example: cube or cuboid.
I still haven't figured the whole thing out yet but any help would be appreciated.

Velocity is important, but eventually you will disappear. When are you going to post the theory?

LEGERdeMAIN

Riemannsphere.png

Le Grande Muffin

Tis a well known fact for those who know it well infinity was invented to fiddle equations and perplex us mere mortal slipper wearers. Most likely its conception came about from pub lunch tomfoolery; by a bunch of boffins with little better to do than create mischief, verily.

Infinity cannot exist in any form, or there be basically no room for anything else in this universe (save the infinite thingie) certainly no room for the kittys two to hog more than there fair share of my bed.

Le grande muffin quantum tunnels to his muffin cupboard to plot his muffin ∞ theorem of the great darkening and much smiling.

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
Infinity cannot exist in any form, or there be basically no room for anything else in this universe (save the infinite thingie) certainly no room for the kittys two to hog more than there fair share of my bed.

That rather depends. In maths infinity in commonly used in, for example, calculus, set theory and fractals. As maths is theoretical, so the use of ∞ is perfectly valid as a thoretical concept. Then again, because I am an INTJ in MBTI theory does not necessarily entail a universal truthfulness, per se, regarding the term INTJ. (But then again there's theories and there's theories.)

Let me illustrate. Say you wanted to accomodate an infinite number of pussies in your bed comfortably... You have a scheme where each pussy has a little bed; as soon as a new pussy arrives, all the pussies move one along. Providing you add a bed every time a new pussy arrives, you have a countably infinite number of beds (and pussies). Aren't you a lucky boy.

In cartography, you may be asked to measure a coastline of, say, the UK. If you want, you can use the idea of the perimeter of a snowflake, to illustrate what happens as you enlarge the scale of your map from 1:50,000, 1:25,000, 1:10,000 and so on until you pass 1:1...

Von_Koch_curve.gif

You might eventually conclude that you have been given an impossible task as infinity is not countable, unlike your home, which has a countably infinite number of little beds, each with a purring cat.

In other words the term is open to equivocation.

:)

Meaow.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ I'm trying to give you an idea of visually being able to see what happens at the deepest level. It's no mathematical equation.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Here is my favorite teleportation method:
IF1404MTS.jpg

Here is another method for a mythical super civilization:
VK62-315.jpg