• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

BASIC Level "Science Test"

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A 12-question test.

The amazing thing is how low the averages were, I expected higher.

(I got all 12 answers correct.)

So what's this say about the background/knowledge retention of the average U.S. adult? I remember being shocked years ago when I found out someone I knew from my expensive liberal arts college could not tell me (within 50 years) when the Civil War occurred...

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I got them all correct as well. ;)

And the Civil War occurred in roughly the early-to-mid 1860s, IIRC.

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I weep for humanity.

Nah, not really, it's kinda funny.

I got 11 right, despite clicking "False" for "Electrons are smaller than Atoms" (it seemed to register that as "True" for some reason even after I went back and did it again)

ygolo

My termites win
The distribution is interesting too. It is somewhat bimodal. One mode at 7 right, another at 9-10 right.

attachment.php

Can we take comfort in the fact that 77% percent get at least 6 questions correct?

A more naive me would have been shocked that everyone didn't know the answers to these basic questions.

stigmatica

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
All 12, but I was expecting something a lot harder based on the chart. Damn!

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Eh, was hoping for an ego boost then I found out I was just clubbing a baby seal that had it's flippers nailed to the ice... :zzz:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
11 but i don't know what they found on mars i knew it wasn't plants i was torn with plantinium and water i chose water, it gave me hopes for martians,and i was correct i missed the last one.

P

Phantonym

11 correct. I shamefully admit that I know nothing about lasers :doh:
I've put Europe to shame. Nooooooooooo!

:rofl1:

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
12/12. The only one I had trouble with was the one with stem cells because I don't know anything about them, but got it right anyway because the other answers sounded suspect for some reason.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
11 but i don't know what they found on mars i knew it wasn't plants i was torn with plantinium and water i chose water, it gave me hopes for martians,and i was correct i missed the last one.

You got that one right, you must have answered one of the other one's wrong.

Usehername

On a mission
I did it then realized it was supposed to measure American science. 12/12 is giving you guys erroneous data.

ygolo

My termites win
I did it then realized it was supposed to measure American science. 12/12 is giving you guys erroneous data.

I believe they did the research independantly and offline.

I don't believe our online results affect the numbers at all.