• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Nikola Tesla

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
It was just a question. Care to answer it?

Any person can be single or married. A lot of ENTPs (like me) swear in being free for the rest of my natural life. Others prefer a partner to bounce ideas off of. People's preferences are more than just a summation of their MBTI type.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
Any person can be single or married. A lot of ENTPs (like me) swear in being free for the rest of my natural life. Others prefer a partner to bounce ideas off of. People's preferences are more than just a summation of their MBTI type.

Well I see your point, of course it's possible, but my point was how his behavior towards women/relationships was very typical INTJ. I guess I shoulda just said it like that. But according to what you say entps/anytype could swear celibecy too. Who knows, it's just my opinion and you are entitled to yours too if it's different.

Other than this do you see a different perspective on the other things I have said?

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Well I see your point, of course it's possible, but my point was how his behavior towards women/relationships was very typical INTJ. I guess I shoulda just said it like that. But according to what you say entps/anytype could swear celibecy too. Who knows, it's just my opinion and you are entitled to yours too if it's different.

Other than this do you see a different perspective on the other things I have said?

Maybe not celibacy, but I dislike ownership of other human beings.

I really believe Tesla to be an ENTP. I think he took way too many risks to be considered an INTJ. It's not only INTJs that can tear down ideas that don't seem practical. But I can't imagine an INTJ using him/herself as a test subject, like he did.

And these kind of analogies seem similar to a dominant Ne thought process:
"The theory is like a beggar clothed in purple whom ignorant people take for a king"

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I Tesla is really cool, and his story is extremely interesting. I always pictured him as an INTJ though and Edison an ENTP. It's a matter of quality vs quantity. Tesla's work had amazing quality. Edison's work was of amazing quantity.

teleforce

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
lol. i saw this topic over at INTJf once, and most of the INTJs were claiming tesla was an INTJ too.

i can't pin down tesla, but i'd say he could be any of the NTs except ENTJ. NTP is a good bet.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
Maybe not celibacy, but I dislike ownership of other human beings.

I really believe Tesla to be an ENTP. I think he took way too many risks to be considered an INTJ. It's not only INTJs that can tear down ideas that don't seem practical. But I can't imagine an INTJ using him/herself as a test subject, like he did.

And these kind of analogies seem similar to a dominant Ne thought process:
"The theory is like a beggar clothed in purple whom ignorant people take for a king"

In what experiment did he use himself as a test subject?

Can you clarify your answers I'd like some examples and explanations.

INTJ's can be risk takers, I've gone 150+ mph in my car for fun, I've gotten into alot of fist fights, I've jumped rooftops with my best friend who's an esfp, and I practice front flips on the cement blah blah some other stuff I shouldn't mention. Maybe you are stereotyping the intj a bit.

Also I don't think I know enough about ENTPs, I don't think I know any in RL. If I had a better understanding of them maybe I would link some of Tesla's behaviors to theirs.

I'm almost certain he was introverted though, arn't you entps more outgoing?

Tesla was rather private and non social with a small circle of friends as introverts usually do.

"Nikola Tesla's private life is still an enigma. Being a loner, a bachelor, working alone, not entering into corporate associations and not mixing friends - his personal life was obscure to outsiders. His close friends were Robert Underwood Johnson, poet and editor of Century Magazine and his wife Katharine. Johnson's home on Lexington Avenue, Manhattan, New York City during the 1890s was the place where Nikola Tesla met many of his friends."

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I Tesla is really cool, and his story is extremely interesting. I always pictured him as an INTJ though and Edison an ENTP. It's a matter of quality vs quantity. Tesla's work had amazing quality. Edison's work was of amazing quantity.

I agree. Tesla definitely strikes me more as INTJ.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
I agree. Tesla definitely strikes me more as INTJ.

Actually one of Tesla's quotes gave me a clue that Edison was a Sensor. He talks about a needle in a haystack and how Edison would look through each and every inch(step by step), and how he(telsa) would do it differently by using a little theory first and saving himself most of the labor.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Actually one of Tesla's quotes gave me a clue that Edison was a Sensor. He talks about a needle in a haystack and how Edison would look through each and every inch(step by step), and how he(telsa) would do it differently by using a little theory first and saving himself most of the labor.

Edison? I think ENTP. Very much so.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP

that's all well and good, but where's edison's quote describing the same situation.

teleforce

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
it's hard to tell with tesla because he seemed to have pretty well developed P and J. he was endlessly inventive, yet had strong vision and the ability to follow through.

he wasn't very social, but has been described as "charming" at social events. no matter what his type was, it seems he was pretty balanced in terms of P and J at least (which would influence the other functions).

apparently, he also greatly appreciated art and wrote poetry.

basically he's a freak and possibly transcends MBTI theory. i'd put my money on NT for sure, but i still stick with my original opinion that he could've been any of the NTs but ENTJ.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
In what experiment did he use himself as a test subject?

Can you clarify your answers I'd like some examples and explanations.

INTJ's can be risk takers, I've gone 150+ mph in my car for fun, I've gotten into alot of fist fights, I've jumped rooftops with my best friend who's an esfp, and I practice front flips on the cement blah blah some other stuff I shouldn't mention. Maybe you are stereotyping the intj a bit.

Also I don't think I know enough about ENTPs, I don't think I know any in RL. If I had a better understanding of them maybe I would link some of Tesla's behaviors to theirs.

I'm almost certain he was introverted though, arn't you entps more outgoing?

Tesla was rather private and non social with a small circle of friends as introverts usually do.

"Nikola Tesla's private life is still an enigma. Being a loner, a bachelor, working alone, not entering into corporate associations and not mixing friends - his personal life was obscure to outsiders. His close friends were Robert Underwood Johnson, poet and editor of Century Magazine and his wife Katharine. Johnson's home on Lexington Avenue, Manhattan, New York City during the 1890s was the place where Nikola Tesla met many of his friends."

As much as you believe I am stereotyping INTJs, you are probably doing the same for ENTPs - but with much less knowledge on the subject.

I'm sorry but I can't imagine going through and explaining every single ENTP behavior and linking it to Tesla, it's just not that important to me, to be honest. But I will say this, that our extroverted function is still a perceiving function, not a judging one. Which means that we energize by absorbing information. This may or may not have anything to do with people. ENTPs are not always extroverted in the 'outgoing' sense of the word, but rather in the 'need external stimuli' sense.

Those that know me from work would definitely call me an introvert although I am quite extroverted in the MBTI sense.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So an ENTP would offer $50,000 for a facility repair job and upon completion tell you that it was a joke?

Ummm...yeah, actually. That seems exactly like something an ENTP would do. With a straight face. Just for the lulz :)

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
it's hard to tell with tesla because he seemed to have pretty well developed P and J. he was endlessly inventive, yet had strong vision and the ability to follow through.

he wasn't very social, but has been described as "charming" at social events. no matter what his type was, it seems he was pretty balanced in terms of P and J at least (which would influence the other functions).

basically he's a freak and possibly transcends MBTI theory. i'd put my money on NT for sure, but i still stick with my original opinion that he could've been any of the NTs but ENTJ.

I'm the same, usually 1% towards J. And I already mentioned that he might not of been human..lol....well not quite literally. I also enjoy art, not so much poetry. But my enjoyment of art usually was just sitting down watching japanese anime.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8

He's not a freak. You've describe me exactly. What makes you think that perceivers can't follow through? If that were the case, I would spend my days in a library reading and my nights in a homeless shelter...

And is it so uncommon to appreciate art?? :rolli:

teleforce

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
He's not a freak. You've describe me exactly. What makes you think that perceivers can't follow through? If that were the case, I would spend my days in a library reading and my nights in a homeless shelter...

And is it so uncommon to appreciate art?? :rolli:

it's not uncommon. i'm just saying that he doesn't really fit any of the stereotypes.

and he was still a freak. :) maybe by "freak" i mean "genius".

perceivers can follow through, but what strikes me about tesla is that he had the inventiveness commonly associated with NTPs plus the follow-through associated with Js.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
no one who has ever known me would describe me as a person who 'doesn't get things done'. if anything, they move out of the way if i even hint at doing something.