• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Google Help

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Just had a breif question, I'm asking you guys because I can't ask anyone else..

I have had my laptop for about 8 months, and it's always worked fine.

When I got on today, Google wasn't loading. It's my home page, so I thought my connection was lost..but it wasn't, as I'm able to search with the adress bar (which is how I got here).

I can't access google at all, and it's really annoying. I use my custom Live Search, but it isn't that great. Every website works, except when I try to load my homepage after opening IE, and typing in Google doesn't work either.

Another little problem I had is that some websites don't load completely. I had to find lyrics to a song, and I went through at least 10 websites, before I could get it to load completely. They're accesable though, as I'm able to get the background to the website up before it stops.

Anyone help me? Is there a problem with my computer? Is there a networking problem? Or is something wrong with Google?

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Not a computer expert...

1. download mozilla firefox and retest to see if google works. If it does, some weird setting etc thing in IE it could also be a virus. If it doesn't, go to 2.
2. take laptop to new location (on different network), does it work? If it does, your home network is doing blocking things. If it doesn't... I highly suspect your computer has "caught a cold".

vince

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w
if you use internet explorer, you should look for "tools" >"internet options" and then look for an option to delete all temporary files and cookies. Also click the buttons "reset to default" or something like that if you find any (under security tab for instance).

if that doesn't work I would also recommend downloading Mozilla Firefox. Sounds to me Internet Explorer is corrupted or maybe you have a firewall running somewhere that's blocking stuff (on your computer or on your router if you have one).

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
Update the browser; if that fails, reinstall the latest version. Agree with Vince, Firefox is a far superior browser.

Remember to back up your favs.

This might be interesting: Browser Helper Object - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Recommend you delete all offline content and see if that works.

Make sure you have a malware scanner. I use Spybot S&D - The home of Spybot-S&D! It'll get rid of any malware lurking in RAM, a popular source of re-infection. (Most anti-virus software will not deal effectively with malware.)

Good luck.

sanchito

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
ment
Go Firefox as mentioned above, I had so many issues with Windows EXPLODER that I oulc not take it anymore, if I could uninstall it I would :). Go to mozilla.com and download firefox ASAP.