• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

good browsers for mac

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Ok so I used firefox for awhile and I loved it, but after this last update it keeps crashing again and again and again. So I want something that I can use tabs in, and doesn't crash 50 katrillion times a day so anyone know of any.

Mole

Permabanned
Ok so I used firefox for awhile and I loved it, but after this last update it keeps crashing again and again and again. So I want something that I can use tabs in, and doesn't crash 50 katrillion times a day so anyone know of any.

Sure, Safari 4 beta is good to go. It has new Tabs on top and Coverflow below and doesn't crash.

I use it and it's stable.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
everyday use, i like safari...also, cuz it has the ebst javascript engine around

camino is not bad either

and then opera sometimes

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I don't like how it looks, mostly, or the name (yes shallow, I know) and when I got this computer safari didn't use tabs and that frustrated me.

besides why should it matter why I don't use safari? and I used firefox way before I got a mac and I knew how it worked and it just made sense to me to use something I was familiar with. And the only reason why I switched to camino, is because I can only stand it crashing so many times before I want to make it suffer.

Mole

Permabanned
I don't like how it looks, mostly, or the name (yes shallow, I know) and when I got this computer safari didn't use tabs and that frustrated me.

besides why should it matter why I don't use safari? and I used firefox way before I got a mac and I knew how it worked and it just made sense to me to use something I was familiar with. And the only reason why I switched to camino, is because I can only stand it crashing so many times before I want to make it suffer.

The new Safari 4 is pretty good.

Mole

Permabanned
i might try it, i don't know yet.

The only one comparable is Google Chrome. But that has only come out for PCs and not yet for Macs. So we can only choose Safari 4. And it looks as good as Google Chrome.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
pfft....like hell it is. I like camino better for multiple reasons 1.)the current version doesn't crash 2.)the pop up blocker is better 3.)pages load faster. But yeah firefox is soooo much better, totally is, agree with you 159%

Lethal Sage

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
pfft....like hell it is. I like camino better for multiple reasons 1.)the current version doesn't crash 2.)the pop up blocker is better 3.)pages load faster. But yeah firefox is soooo much better, totally is, agree with you 159%

I'm wondering why you are asking about which type is best when you've already made up your mind. If you like Firefox so much, download an older version. Uninstall the current version first of course.

Firefox is under the internet group of programs.

ThinkingAboutIt

MBTI Type
INTP
I use an imac and firefox. When I first installed firefox I had the same problem. Deleted and reinstalled, and no problem. Have you tried that?

I use safari as well if I want to browse privately, but prefer firefox.

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I personally use Chrome, but if you're looking for something different, you can always try Opera. It's a pretty damn good browser.