• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can I get around this?

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Why can I watch something on my computer, on a free video site, and my boyfriend can't watch it on his? It doesn't seem to have anything to do with location. He's on a Mac, I'm on a PC and we both use Firefox.

Help.

Edit: this is what we're trying to watch: factualTV - Escape to River Cottage: Episode 1

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Does your boyfriend have Adobe Flash Player 10? That's what the video requires.

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
THANK YOU Blackcat, he doesn't, and that could very well be the problem. I
m going to be so happy if this an easily-solved problem. Thanks! :hug:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No problem. :) That's the only thing that I could think of to be a problem really.

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Tell him to open it with Safari, I can't open it with Camino but with Safari I can. This happens sometimes for whatever reason but I have 4 browsers in my Mac I use on different occasions. Also tell him I'm proud of him for using a Mac.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Tell him to open it with Safari, I can't open it with Camino but with Safari I can. This happens sometimes for whatever reason but I have 4 browsers in my Mac I use on different occasions. Also tell him I'm proud of him for using a Mac.

Why? They're overpriced and less functional than PCs, assuming you know what you're doing.

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Why? They're overpriced and less functional than PCs, assuming you know what you're doing.

Myth my friend, when you factor in cost of software, resale value and so on the Mac will cost you less.

Assuming you know what you're doing the Mac is far more functional. There is nothing you can do with your PC (keeping games out of the picture) I can't do better with my Mac however that statement can not be reversed.