• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Facebook or Twitter?

Facebook or Twitter?

• Total voters

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How about "Twitbook?"

I'm gonna move a lot of my friends over to it right now!

wolfy

awsm
What do you want to do with it?
I'd go with Twitter. Depends...

EDIT I don't know Facebook is good too. Follow family or friends?

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
jennifer have you thought of joining clitter? i will if you will! :laugh:

wolfy i prefer facebook bc i like to spy on my friends and see what they're up too. ;P not sure what to make of twitter since i haven't found anyone on there i know yet.

wolfy

awsm
jennifer have you thought of joining clitter? i will if you will! :laugh:

wolfy i prefer facebook bc i like to spy on my friends and see what they're up too. ;P not sure what to make of twitter since i haven't found anyone on there i know yet.

If you like that then you'll love twitter.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
but how will i find them? those people that tell me they're hungry or sleepy or need to use the bathroom?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Considering how infrequently I would remember to use either, I'd probably end up using both once in a while. Specifically, I would probably end up using whichever one the group of friends I was focused on at the time used. That's how I am with almost everything, it seems.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
lol ok then. thanks. :) ftr, wolfy seems pretty cool. ISF/TP's are the SP's to be! :D

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I use facebook. It's a fantastic invention because I don't have to actually leave my room to see anybody in order to kinda sorta socialize/keep in touch with them. I don't check it too often, I'm not on there daily. But once or twice a week to see if anyone is up to anything new.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I use facebook. It's a fantastic invention because I don't have to actually leave my room to see anybody in order to kinda sorta socialize/keep in touch with them. I don't check it too often, I'm not on there daily. But once or twice a week to see if anyone is up to anything new.

I don't mind Facebook, it actually has helped me connect with old old friends recently. That's cool.

But I'm sick of all the crap invites I get to this app and that app, and hearts, and flowers, and hugs, and snowballs... Ugh. I postpone dealing with them for a few weeks, then just summarily just delete all of them and start over. At one point, I had like 40-50 of these things waiting to be responded to in some way. Do NOT ask me to make decisions over superfluous things like those...

Poser

Fe, rusted.
MBTI Type
INTP
Hello, my name is BryNTP and I am a facebookaholic. Going on 20 seconds sober. Where is my coin?

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I don't mind Facebook, it actually has helped me connect with old old friends recently. That's cool.

But I'm sick of all the crap invites I get to this app and that app, and hearts, and flowers, and hugs, and snowballs... Ugh. I postpone dealing with them for a few weeks, then just summarily just delete all of them and start over. At one point, I had like 40-50 of these things waiting to be responded to in some way. Do NOT ask me to make decisions over superfluous things like those...

I actually leave all the people who friend me, that I don't really like, up there. I call it my Wall of Shame. And yeah all the apps become insane after a while.

simpleamazement

MBTI Type
istj
Enneagram
I can barely keep up with myspace, why should I sign up for MORE social networking websites when I can spend some REAL LIVE time with people, and not posting dumb comments on some website?!

/end rant

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp

yeah I have 90 requests right now I ignore most of them. they kind of just sit their minding their own busineses

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I had a friend get me signed up on facebook and I'm still not overly into it. I change my status and upload random pics every so often.

I really do want to use twitter to keep track of all my yahoo status messages about my kids but I can't seem to force myself.

I'm much more into flickr and yahoo than either of those.

D

Dali

I was forced to sign up for Twitter recently and it was just like Facebook with it's most abused feature ONLY i.e. status updates

That's, like, hell.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I just started using facebook to keep track of my kids. :newwink:
I found a gal I went to high school with, and we got together and had a jam session. I had forgotten how much I loved her. It's like we're soul sisters.
We keep track of our grandchildren and other family members through Facebook, so I doubt if we're changing now, and I'm certainly not going to juggle a bunch of them. I like having one place to go.

I agree with everyone about the annoying factor of the "apps". I've been participating in some of the things sort of begrudgingly. I'm going to feel less guilty deleting them now.