• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Planet X

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
Lately I have been quite intrigued by this ancient theory about a rogue celestial body on a precarious orbit,... Firstly, I don't read the bible, so don't expect me to "come about" with anything in relation to the bible that may by chance coincide("wormwood")with the mentioned theory. With saying that, don't mention the bible at all,... period, it only stirs emotions that some aren't mature enough to manage, due to the neglectful, one sided, polluted, and diluted perceptions of reality... Anyhoo...!

IMO, It's a comet and not a planet, which would explain why they can't find it with the IRAS satellite, it's far too cold to establish an infrared reading.

There is a comet that some have in mind that could be this "Planet X" called 2000 CR105 (148209) 2000 CR105 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia,...

"2000 CR105, is currently the fourth most distant known object in the solar system after Eris, Sedna, and 2004 XR190.[6] Considered a detached object,[7][8] it circles the sun in a highly eccentric orbit every 3240 years at an average distance of 219 astronomical units"

... Planet X was also speculated to have an eccentric orbit of about 3600 years!

What are your thoughts?

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
I didn't want to be a bastard and say something about comets not being planets.

A comet could have been confused for a planet a few thousand years ago, more so if it was a very large one, like 2000 CR105.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
A comet could have been confused for a planet a few thousand years ago.
I wouldn't have confused it for a planet, I don't care how many years ago it was. *adjusts trigonometry of teh rockets*

Pluto was Planet X for a while, as was the "legendary" planet which revolved opposite the Earth in a similar orbit.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Wait wait. I've read Sitchin and admire his work. Planet X was supposed to be a planet that aliens/god/Annunaki lived on, that collided with Earth, seeded it with life, and left the astroid belt in its wake. It was also supposed to, according to Sitchin, have an atmosphere filled with gold that was used to keep heat in. How does that fit with a comet?

Edit: Oops, is this a doomsday theory? The 3600 year orbit thing threw me off, maybe. This is what I thought you were talking about.

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
How many planets are there now, including dwarf planets?

There are five official named dwarf planets, though expect more to come. There are like forty candidates that will probably get reclassified, and another 200 more bodies they are looking into.

So officially just five for now, Ceres (in the asteroid belt), Pluto, Makemake, Haumea, and Eris. Others will likely be Sedna, Orcus, Varuna, Quaoar, and a couple other unnamed bodies. Check wikipedia, Kuiper-belt bodies are the current 'rage' in astronomy right now so it stays pretty up to date and air-tight.

If anything Sedna is a better Planet X, its much bigger (over 1200 km diameter compared to 251). Both of these bodies are detectible only becuase they are so close to the sun in their odd orbit. Sedna swings waaaay far away, beyond where we can currently detect anything. It really makes you wonder how many of these objects are really out there.

Also, Sedna is thought to be the reddest object in the solar system.

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
That's actually exactly what it means.

Not that I'm trying to be a smart ass, but why is it called a "dwarf planet", if it isn't a planet? Couldn't they just consider it as another asteroid?

... Besides, I was talking about a comet, not a planet, so who cares about Pluto.

Maabus1999

MBTI Type
INTJ
Planet X's main theory is some mass that is constantly disturbing the Kuiper Belt. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if they found also some dark matter out there orbiting causing the debris to become comets.

I know Eris is out there, but I don't think it has enough mass to account for all the anomalies.