• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Boy With The Incredible Brain

FranG

MBTI Type
INTJ
What's up all? Just stopping in for a second. I saw this short documentary in the Mercola newsletter about a twenty-something Englishman (Daniel Tammet) and his extraordinary ability to calculate numbers in his head to at least "one hundred decimal places," and figured I should share with ya'll. The guy also says he can learn a language in a mere week. He has agreed to allow scientist to study his brain for any insights into his remarkable abilities. I mean this is insane; the guy is better than the calculators (man beats machines). In the video, it says that he had an epileptic seizure as a small child and ever since he has had extraordinary mental powers (kinda like John Travolta from Phenomenon).

OK enough talk. Here's the video.

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
The boy with Aspergers. He was on 60 minutes last year. Fascinating stuff.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
I remember seeing this a while back. It's a pretty special skill set he had. I think they were running a special that day on the discovery channel, with a bunch of savants, feral children, and other brain or mind abnormalities.

I think he's also a synesthetic and transformed numbers into colors and shapes.