• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tux kicks ass, officially!

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Okay so I'm working my way up to three operating systems on my PC. Windows XP Pro for the games, Ubuntu (Gnome) to trial and SUSE (Kde) to trial. I kinda thought that it'd be nice to get to grips with Linux and that way I can just use Linux to mess about with & for internet access etc whilst keeping the Windows install as pure as the driven snow so it won't develop errors and crash.

I started researching drivers and stuff for Linux today, looking into which of the multiple versions of each version I'm going to need to install (what the hell is EM64T anyhow?). So after a fruitless couple of Googles I check on Wikipedia. Guess what I find?

Have you ever heard of Cedega? Well it's an attempt at running direct x on linux. Now as a solid Battlefield fan I'd love to be able to run games on linux (the best of both worlds no?). Well Cedega not only promises to support direct x 9 but lists Battlefield as officially supported!!!

That rocks.

(That's all really. I was just so impressed I thought I'd share the news :) Carry on...)

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
I tell you what it may kick ass that it can run games but my brain is starting to run out of my ears trying to figure out all the apps available and which ones work and which don't.

Strange that in a world full of ones and zeros there's still no definitive, objective answers.